Average dove shooter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Average dove shooter.

A buddy of mine and I got to talking about it and I figured I'd ask y'all what you think the average amount of doves killed per box of shells is? We both thought 6 doves per box was probably average.

I think the national average is a box for 1.5 birds.

Comment

Average dove shooter.

I figure I’m around a box to 1.5 per limit

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
        That's always what I've been told.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post

Well, apparently, I’m well below average. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have huge ups and downs. I have gotten a limit in a box of shells and then given up after 3 boxes and 5 doves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was almost a box in today and had 6 killed. A starling kept flying over so I dropped him. I don't ever get a good average because I don't pass up bonus birds. I feel like that should up my percentage some.

Comment

in the mornings I’m about 2-3 shots per bird. In the afternoons about 5-6, but that’s due to socializing and beer

Comment

My average goes up if there's a lot of Eurasian doves flying around. I like shootin at those.

This morning I trimmed some dead branches off a tree. I missed a dove that was coming in to land in it three times. He went whistling off into the wild blue yonder. Didn't even clip a feather on it. How that happened I'll never know.

Comment

The most recent statistic I have heard is 6 shots per bird. So roughly 4 birds per box.

Comment

On a good day maybe 6-8/box but probably average 4-5.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post
                        in the mornings I’m about 2-3 shots per bird. In the afternoons about 5-6, but that’s due to socializing and beer
                        Shoot if I drank very many I wouldn't have any to clean and I'd need another case of ammo.

Comment

I know this, I spent more time kicking around in the weeds trying to find birds than I'd have liked. That junk is thick and it never fails,they fall right in the thick stuff most of the time. You could have a plowed up field with a patch of weeds on it and a bird would fall in it if you were to shoot one out there.

Comment

I was able to get my limit yesterday morning with just one box. This morning the birds were just not there. But I went 3 for 3 this morning so I figure that's about as good of an average as I could have hoped for. But I have my days when I would be better off using a slingshot haha now my buddy's father in law yesterday probably shot around 5 boxes maybe more and only killed like 4 birds.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I think I’m about a 10 to a box guy

Comment

Working...
                              X