Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your marriage suck the life out of you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    Good point!

Most everybody loves their spouse, or thinks they love them, when they first marry. Love has a way of evaporating slowly before our eyes when we find out that we don't LIKE our spouse! I always recommend dating long enough to determine that you really really like the person you think you are in love with, even when they are not at their best,...before marrying. ...but what do I know?

So True

Comment

I missed this the first time around. That is an awesome story and hopefully things are still going well for y’all.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
        I missed this the first time around. That is an awesome story and hopefully things are still going well for y’all.
        As good as ever. Year 11 is just around the corner

Comment

Congrats, Last years paperwork was filed, and god stepped in also now we have 22 years under our belt w/ a new leader in out household.. its amazing what he can do..

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
            After 2 marriages I been happily single since 1976.
            Found out long ago that to make an old rooster crow just put a new hen in the coop. Nothing better than being able to fart or pick your nose when ever you want to and not offend anybody.
            Had the same GF now for 13 years.
            Maybe time for a new hen or two?
            I'm with you. I'll never give marriage a chance, not even once. No use in getting the government involved. Love is love period.
            8 yrs with the current one, we never fight, argue, etc... Shes a good one for sure, and agrees with me on the marriage thing. And I pick my nose and fart as I please. She just makes faces, and let's me know how gross I am

Comment

Originally posted by Jakesfish View Post
              Congrats, Last years paperwork was filed, and god stepped in also now we have 22 years under our belt w/ a new leader in out household.. its amazing what he can do..
              Congrats to you and your bride and congrats to you too Playa, thanks for this post, I can't imagine life without God at the center and I don't want to ever imagine my life without my Bride, again.

I almost lost her on 8/16/18, she went into cardiac arrest sitting right next to me in our living room at 7:21 pm. I immediately started CPR but she was without a pulse for +/- 20 minutes, never in my wildest did I ever imagine myself doing CPR on my perfectly fit 49 year old wife, but I did.

We experienced a miracle and she has completely recovered but for about 3 days I saw, felt, and was terrified by what my life might be without her, don't ever care to go there again and I'm eternally grateful to our Lord for her complete healing.

Hug and and kiss her often, tomorrow is not guaranteed

Comment

4.5 terrible years of your life you’ll never get back. Why even risk a month of unhappiness? Nope

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  As someone that's known you about that long, I remember those tough times and then how y'all fought for each other with more than you knew you had. You and Leah are an inspiration to anybody that thinks about giving up on one another. I'm very proud of and for y'all.

Comment

You might want to go back and check the date you posted this thread, then do the math again .

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                      4.5 terrible years of your life you’ll never get back. Why even risk a month of unhappiness? Nope

I bet you’re fun at parties

Comment

Year 12 is coming up next month

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                        Because the reward of obedience the other 7.5 years has far outweighed the pain of the 1st 4.5. To each his own, but no other role I play in life is as rewarding as being a husband. “Daddy” sometimes gets close, but it never eclipses it

Comment

Pretty awesome story Greg! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Working on year 7 now. We have 2 wonderfully outrageous boys and countless awesome memories made with more to come. We disagree, we argue, we cuss each other and then we make up. We are two different people and we realize that and we wouldnt change anything at all. My wife is my best friend, and not in the "today I married my best friend" kumbaya sense. We really are best friends. There's not a swingin **** alive that I'd rather have with me on any excursion and there sure aint one who could talk me in to gettin a pedicure hahaha. My wife is a total bad @$$ and I'll never let her go!

Comment

No, God’s in control!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X