Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plumbing a mobile home barter for hunting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plumbing a mobile home barter for hunting!

We have a mobile home at the lease. We have had..HE double hockey sticks, getting anyone in the area
    (Wichita Falls) out to fix it. We have had a couple of leaks fixed and then they leak again by the one guy who we did get out. From what we have gathered its the matting liner plumbers dont want to mess with rather than the plumbing. There is only one bathroom and two sinks a camode and the hot water heater. There is no under pinning in place now. So it is easy access under the home. We are going to under pin it this Spring.

We want to get the whole thing redone right!

We will pay cash or barter hunting. Hunting would include Spring turkey (2) and hogs unlimited on that trip this year and 1 management buck and 2 doe next year. Hogs as well. Bow or gun.

We would like to get it fixed ASAP!
    If you are a hunter plumber or know a plumber please PM me.
    Here is what our management deer look like
    Attached Files

More cull pics!

Ttt.. No Body??? No plumbers on here that want to work for money or hunting.
    Attached Files

Comment

And the lease is?

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
        And the lease is?
        I'm gonna take a wild guess and say Wilbarger County.

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
          And the lease is?
          Yes, as Mr. B said Wilbarger county close to Wichita Falls.

Comment

If you have ever worked on the plumbing on a mobile home you will understand why it’s going to be difficult to find someone to make repairs.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
              If you have ever worked on the plumbing on a mobile home you will understand why it’s going to be difficult to find someone to make repairs.
              Not a plumber and not interested in tackling your project but willing to share my experience. I am rehabbing a mid 90’s single wide now with multiple plumbing issues. We are replacing all of the floor coverings so I have found it’s much easier to cut a hole in the floor to get to the leaks. The insulation under the floor is nasty. I can understand the plumbers reluctance to make the repairs. Step 1 is to get rid of all the varmits; rats, mice, coons and squirrels. I had several leaks caused by varmits chewing into the pipe. Step 2 is to add a drain valve so the water system can be drained during the winter when no one is there. Mine was originally plumbed with CPVC. I am using PEX for the repairs so I don’t have to worry about freezing in the future.

Comment

PEX with the shark bite fittings worked best for me when I had repairs. You are correct on cutting holes in the floor at the leak location works best. I bought a piece of property (now retired on it) in 2000 that had a double wid on it when I purchased it. I kept the dw up for like 15 years Plus as a weekend place prior to building a home when we moved up here full time. Let me tell you it’s a full time job keeping those things up especially when not lived in full time. Never again.

Comment

Wish I was closer.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                    No kidding . I don't think it would be hard to find a plumber in the area to do it, but they are going to bid it through the roof, because it's a chitty job for sure. Standing water is the worst though, I'll take the mud, vermin, and insulation over being in water any day lol.
                    PM sent yesterday.

Comment

I have worked on the plumbing issues on probably 500 mobile homes. Most were more than 20 years ago but I cant imagine they have changed much.
                      OP, I dont think I'd interested in your proposal if I lived 2 miles away.
                      They are not the hardest things to work on but they suk to work on.
                      Your either going to have to break down and do it yourself or expect to pay big bucks.

Comment

where in the trailer is it leaking and how old is the trailer. I have one set up with a shallow well pump off of a 2500 gal tank that catches rainwater. mine is all pex.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          I have worked on the plumbing issues on probably 500 mobile homes. Most were more than 20 years ago but I cant imagine they have changed much.
                          OP, I dont think I'd interested in your proposal if I lived 2 miles away.
                          They are not the hardest things to work on but they suk to work on.
                          Your either going to have to break down and do it yourself or expect to pay big bucks.
                          This! I'd run pex and sharkbites on the outside of the interior walls with a drain valve down low somewhere. Mobile home's are a PITA! And if it's a deer camp who cares where the water lines are! Leave's alot more money for beer!

Comment

Thanks for all the input. I have found out from the previous leak issues that mobile homes are a PITA to work on. Got a couple of TBH folks interested. Appreciate that. I have a guy coming out and he is going to re-run everything in pex outside the cover underneath the home and insulate it really well. He is going to put a drain in too. He is going to split the grey and sewer water. This will allow us to work on it easier if needed.
                            Last edited by Abcdj; 01-15-2019, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X