Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Islam going through the same challenges as Christianity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    Evolution skipped the Muslim world. What they did 1000 years ago they are still doing
    I know some pretty modern materialistic and capitalist Muslims actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
      I can just imagine what the Crusades would have been like, given modern war tools.
      You're living it...

Comment

Reason I say this is that by and large, Muslims have been killing Muslims for a long time, battling over ideaology. Reminds me of the "growing pains" Christianity went through 1000 years ago, and again during the Reformation.

One could argue that the Nazi's were to Jews what Islamist extremists are to peaceful Muslims, I suppose.

My hope is that as with Christianity, the various factions will learn to live together and not kill one another (or anyone else) in the process and then will finally "mature" into a peaceful religion.

Anyways, just thinking out loud here.

John
        I would think more like the peaceful Germans who were forced into Nazi extremism, but I get your point.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Evolution skipped the Muslim world. What they did 1000 years ago they are still doing
          Wish it had, then I wouldn't have had to sit through Algebra I and Algebra II...

Comment

I know some pretty modern materialistic and capitalist Muslims actually.
            In America. I do too.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
              Wish it had, then I wouldn't have had to sit through Algebra I and Algebra II...
              LOL! Well played

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                I would think more like the peaceful Germans who were forced into Nazi extremism, but I get your point.
                Yea, better example.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                  I never thought of that! LOL!

Comment

Best I can tell there has always been a base line of Christians that followed the Word & denounced vile / perverted actions to distant themselves from those using religion for wicked purposes. This has always kept us grounded & back on track so to speak.

Radical islam is the voice for Muslims & you don't see a vocal / public groups of muslim folks gathering in the masses to denounce wicked actions in the name of their religion....and it's obvious why they haven't. They are either acceptant or too afraid. (or some of both) Until this changes, their plan is falling into place.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      Best I can tell there has always been a base line of Christians that followed the Word & denounced vile / perverted actions to distant themselves from those using religion for wicked purposes. This has always kept us grounded & back on track so to speak.

Radical islam is the voice for Muslims & you don't see a vocal / public groups of muslim folks gathering in the masses to denounce wicked actions in the name of their religion....and it's obvious why they haven't. They are either acceptant or too afraid. (or some of both) Until this changes, their plan is falling into place.
                      Agreed

Comment

Ideals of the day then and now are completely different. the human race has evolved since then......

Comment

Not even close...I have done a lot of reading on Muslims and have come upon some startling things. If you look at the Book of Surah and compare it to Revelations they are like polar opposites. We describe the mark of the beast and the beast as a sign of the devil, they describe there savior figure as the beast and all non believers who do not bare the mark (of the beast)to be beheaded. They talk about how Jesus is going to come down with Allah and get all Christians to convert (or Die), and in revelations they warn of this. They are aloft of other examples. It is really spooky if you don't believe me look it up it will blow your mind. After reading all of this I am convinced that this is all done on purpose, they are trying to bring the end of the world, they are not going through growing pains, they are doing what the quran says to do to bring the end of the world and the profit back.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                            Ideals of the day then and now are completely different. the human race has evolved since then......
                            *cough*evolutionisjustanunproventheory*cough*

Comment

Originally posted by Closer View Post
                              After reading all of this I am convinced that this is all done on purpose, they are trying to bring the end of the world, they are not going through growing pains, they are doing what the quran says to do to bring the end of the world and the profit back.
                              So, they've secretly been Capitalists all this time?

Comment

Originally posted by Closer View Post
                                Not even close...I have done a lot of reading on Muslims and have come upon some startling things. If you look at the Book of Surah and compare it to Revelations they are like polar opposites. We describe the mark of the beast and the beast as a sign of the devil, they describe there savior figure as the beast and all non believers who do not bare the mark (of the beast)to be beheaded. They talk about how Jesus is going to come down with Allah and get all Christians to convert (or Die), and in revelations they warn of this. They are aloft of other examples. It is really spooky if you don't believe me look it up it will blow your mind. After reading all of this I am convinced that this is all done on purpose, they are trying to bring the end of the world, they are not going through growing pains, they are doing what the quran says to do to bring the end of the world and the profit back.
                                Interesting

Comment

Working...
                                X