Favorite book as a kid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite book as a kid?

We're having our first in April (due April 19) and while I can't wait for my daughter to get here I'm slightly freaking out...

One thing I want to do is be able to read to Annie Grace from day 1 so I'm building up a collection for her nursery. I'm turning to the place I also go to, the green screen and asking what your favorite book/story was as a kid or what did you read to your kids?

So far I have The Jungle Book (my favorite), a couple random books we've been given and Where The Sidewalk Ends which was my wife's favorite to read with her dad growing up.

So what do you recommend?

Favorite book as a kid?

Big Red by Jim Kjelgard.

There are more sequels as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You way over thinking it. You’re all fired up about it now but “new” of having kids will wear off. You’ll be begging for free time in a couple years.

That being said, Where The Red Fern Grows is hard to beat.

Comment

Where the red fern grows
        How to eat fried worms

Comment

Where the wild things are

Comment

Mine just turned 14 months old. He can’t handle much more than a board book before moving on to something else. He likes Dr. Seuss (Fox in Socks especially), any book with animals. We just picked one up called “Dear Zoo” that’s turning into his favorite. It’s got flaps he can lift up that has pictures of animals behind it.

Comment

As a little boy my favorite was Robin Hood

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                You way over thinking it. You’re all fired up about it now but “new” of having kids will wear off. You’ll be begging for free time in a couple years.

That being said, Where The Red Fern Grows is hard to beat.

I’m sure I’m over thinking it but one of the things i remember as a kid is my parents reading to me and then falling in love with getting lost in stories. Could be why I have a journalism degree but I’d like to try to start my kids to the outdoors and books over technology

I forgot about Where The Red Fern Grows!

Since we found out my wife was pregnant we’ve been picking up a kids books every city we’ve visited
                Last edited by hooligan; 01-29-2018, 10:24 PM.

Comment

I didn’t read... still don’t.

Comment

Originally posted by bigt6450 View Post
                    Mine just turned 14 months old. He can’t handle much more than a board book before moving on to something else. He likes Dr. Seuss (Fox in Socks especially), any book with animals. We just picked one up called “Dear Zoo” that’s turning into his favorite. It’s got flaps he can lift up that has pictures of animals behind it.
                    My wife said I’m going to have to start with something other than Hemingway and Thoreau.

I’m thinking the classic golden books will work too, maybe If You Give a Mouse A Cookie

Comment

Go Dogs Go! I read it hundreds of times when I was really young, couldn't tell you any thing about it now but I remember the title and it being my favorite

Comment

The Yearling

Comment

Comment

Hank the cowdog series is good too.

Comment

Books my kids like

Berenstein bears
                              Dr Seuss
                              Lion witch and wardrobe