Anybody changed a gun safe lock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody changed a gun safe lock?

Got a problem manual lock on a Cannon American Eagle. Tightened everything and lubricated today but it still only opens maybe one in five tries. Scared to lock it now lol. Not sure where to look so I'm going to try and remove it and take the lock to my local locksmith next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call Cannon. They have a lifetime warranty. They will send out a locksmith at no charge. If they can't fix it, they will send you another.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
      Call Cannon. They have a lifetime warranty. They will send out a locksmith at no charge. If they can't fix it, they will send you another.
      Bought it from a buddy who got it second hand so not sure they would warranty. After letting it soak with WD40 for a couple of hours, it made a big difference and opened the first try. Hoping that was all it was. I'm guessing it has never been lubricated and it is 10 years old.

Comment

Don't think it matters on their warranty. If it messes up again I would call. They have a great warranty department.

Comment

Thx. I will call them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
            Only 1 year for labor, lifetime for parts

Comment

I changed mine on a Liberty. Absolutely nothing to it takes less than 30 min.

Comment

Don't spin the tumbler fast! This will cause your issue!

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                  Don't spin the tumbler fast! This will cause your issue!
                  I have tried at excrutiatingly slow speeds. Still just random whether it works or not.

Comment

Get a can of Tri-flow lock lubricant and spray key slot. I think you can still get it at Grainger. Best lock lube made without the mess of grafite.

Comment

After my second manual lock failed on mine I had it
                      Replaced with an AMSEC digital. Not a single problem since in 4-5 years. Just replaced the original set of batteries last month.

"An honest government has no fear of an armed population".

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        After my second manual lock failed on mine I had it
                        Replaced with an AMSEC digital. Not a single problem since in 4-5 years. Just replaced the original set of batteries last month.

I was looking at those last night. Probably just gonna go ahead and order a digital so I end up with something my wife can open in the event of my death. She would never be able to do the manual type .

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                          I was looking at those last night. Probably just gonna go ahead and order a digital so I end up with something my wife can open in the event of my death. She would never be able to do the manual type .

Yeah after I couldn't get in the second time I ate the cost ($450'ish) and had it replaced. My wife keeps some of her stuff in there and she can access it much easier now. She can't carry all the time so she keeps her carry pistol in there when she can't carry.

This is the model I went with.

Comment

Got me a killer internet deal on a Amsec ESL. Hopefully it will be here Friday so I can do the swap.

Comment

PSA here worth dragging up this old thread. My lock started acting up and I'm lucky I got the safe open before it failed completely. Took it off today and went over to Saylor Lock in Cypress and the guy looked at it with total confusion. It's labeled like an AMSEC but he said it looked like no AMSEC ESL5 he's ever seen. Indeed, he showed me the real deal and the difference is obvious. Pretty sure I got a knockoff. So, $220 later my safe is secure with a legit ESL10 bought from a servicing dealer. Difference you can see and feel is night and day.

Not sure where I got that original ESL5 back in 2016 but I found one on ebay today for $59

Comment

Working...
                              X