• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
    Cimmarron works well. I think it is the same as Clean Pasture
    Correct. So is patriot

Comment

A friend of mine takes care of an airport runway,and a couple of taxi-ways.The bahia grass was starting to take over.He uses 1oz.of Roundup to a gallon of water to kill it.Said it didn't hurt the coastal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

They changed the name from Ally to Cimmaron. It's expensive but only need .25 ounce to 20 gals water an acre. Needs to be applied in mist.
        Last edited by mchildress; 05-23-2017, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
          A friend of mine takes care of an airport runway,and a couple of taxi-ways.The bahia grass was starting to take over.He uses 1oz.of Roundup to a gallon of water to kill it.Said it didn't hurt the coastal.

One of my best friends who is also a full time farm/rancher tried that last year.... he had to re sod his yard. Killed it like a desert lol

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            One of my best friends who is also a full time farm/rancher tried that last year.... he had to re sod his yard. Killed it like a desert lol
            Lol! Yeah,prolly not a big deal if he messes around and kills the grass near a runway lol

Comment

Bump so I can find this in the morning!!! I was just complaining about Bahia today!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MSM Turf by Qualipro. May take two applications but it works well on Bahia Grass. We use it in our coastal fields (Bermuda Grass) and are happy with how it performs. It's relatively inexpensive and it works on a variety of broadleaf weeds too.

Comment

Cimmaron, Ally MSM 60 all the same thing and will work great. It's a granular you mix with water

Comment

That article is wrong and I don't have to even see it. Expecially this time of year. Bermuda can't handle any gly

Might of been Tifton or one of the other Bermuda hybrids. I probably would of read it in a pasture mgmt setting. My front pasture is Tifton 85 and my back one is Bahia. If I am only using gly on the Bahia I can mix it weaker than if I'm trying to kill Tifton off of fence lines. It has to have at least another ounce per gallon to kill the Bermuda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've used Ally, cimmeron, and Martin's clean pasture. I had the same result with all of them. Clean pasture is cheaper, but just as effective. Mix it according to the instructions. If you have mostly Bahia grass, your yard will look like crap this year. It will take a few years of spraying to get rid of it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Metsulfuron Methyl (MSM) is the ingredient you want. It is the main ingredient of several of the products mentioned above including Miller's Top Shot, Cimarron, Qualipro, etc.

Comment

I just spot- sprayed Roundup on Dallis grass in our yard when we lived in Liberty Hill.
                          I also dug it out with a clawhammer for a while before I said to hell with it and started spraying.

Comment

If you have established common Bermuda, it would take five gallons of glyphosate per acre to kill it. If your buddy did this, he poured the coal to it.
                            I do it almost every year and I have never killed my Bermuda.

Comment

You can definitely use gly on Bermuda grass to control other species without hurting your Bermuda but best to use this method when the grass is dormant if not you will shock/stunt it brown for a few weeks before it becomes green again. If you have the money and its not a huge yard you could go with a selective herbicide.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Ætheling; 05-24-2017, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Yeah but ya'll are Wood Co folks!

Comment

Working...
                                X