Holiday Charcoal and meat sales thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    Man, I remember the days of .49lb vacuum packers. And that was an everyday price.

Oh, and thanks go out to who ever fixed the thread title!
    I ran a market back in those day and those days sucked!
    The .49 were bad but the worst was when you'd roll a pallet of briskets in the market and start trimming till the pallet was empty trying to stay ahead of the "trimmed brisket" crowd.
    Knife blades never held up and your arms would be sore the next day but it went away after the 1st 1/4 of the pallet the next day, by Sunday they were numb.

Comment

Sorry I brought back some bad memories for ya J. The .49 was all I could afford back then. I'm thankful for what ya didn't cut up and trim out.
      What stores were you affiliated with? My bro, Hushpuppy Man, spent 8 years with the big K in the early '80s. There is also a processor in Joshua that retired from the big K after 30 years. He worked at some of the same stores my bro did.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        Sorry I brought back some bad memories for ya J. The .49 was all I could afford back then. I'm thankful for what ya didn't cut up and trim out.
        What stores were you affiliated with? My bro, Hushpuppy Man, spent 8 years with the big K in the early '80s. There is also a processor in Joshua that retired from the big K after 30 years. He worked at some of the same stores my bro did.
        I had a flashback
        I worked for Winn Dixie for 13 years, knew a handful of cutters out of Joshua/ Burleson area.
        Randy Payne was one, another was Kenneth and he owned a processing plant down that way

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
          You mean circulars?

Yup....they are still called that... circular ad.

Comment

Today should be the day. Our ads come out on Wednesday.

Bump!

Comment

Home Depot in Denton has the Kingsford cahrcoal two pack for $9.88

Comment

Originally posted by keep View Post
                I had a flashback
                I worked for Winn Dixie for 13 years, knew a handful of cutters out of Joshua/ Burleson area.
                Randy Payne was one, another was Kenneth and he owned a processing plant down that way
                I worked for them for 28 years and ran a market till 2002 when they shut the doors on the Texas division. I hated brisket on sale. You never made any money but you made a lot of friends.

Comment

$1.67/lb briskets at Kroger

Comment

Randalls has pork loin back ribs for 1.98 lb. St Louis style ribs or Country style.
                    Last edited by Mertzon Man; 05-24-2017, 06:03 AM. Reason: Forgot to add information

Comment

Baby backs at Albertsons

Briskets at Albertsons

Comment

Kroger

Comment

We don't have Albertsons, that's a good deal !

Comment

We don't have Albertson's, but we have a Kroger right down the street. Reckon I'll b sending the wife down that way. I'm going to walk over to HD at lunch and check on the charcoal.

Comment

Lowe's has Kingsford regular 18.6lb 2 bags for $9.88 today only.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                                We don't have Albertson's, but we have a Kroger right down the street. Reckon I'll b sending the wife down that way. I'm going to walk over to HD at lunch and check on the charcoal.

Comment

Working...
                                X