No announcement yet.

No Pigs in Brown/Mills County?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are lots of pigs in Brown county. My brother has lots of pics from his lease in Bangs.

Comment

They are here. Some places more so than others. They are eating acorns just like the deer. They won't care about corn until the acorns are all gone.

Comment

They come and go on our place in southwest Mills county. Still coming to corn.
        Attached Files

Comment

Covered up with them in Western Mills Co.

Comment

Covered up with pigs on the pecan bayou in brown.

Comment

We’re off of 183 right on the brown/mills county line, and if we get a lot of rain we’ll have a few show up for a week or 2.
              This was right after we had that rain we had several weeks ago

Otherwise they stay in the pecan bayou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                Some areas of those counties just don't have pigs for reasons only known to them. LOL! When lookin to buy passed on a couple of places, because there weren't pigs around. I always like hunting them. Would rather shoot pigs than deer.
                I agree, its nice to be able to hunt 'em year round, and if they do cause you enough of a headache by eating all of your corn, they taste great!!!

Pick a good game trail and sit there and you're bound to see a sounder pass by in a hunt or so.

They've been around on our property off 84 near Star for the last 8-10 years fairly consistently. We have a lot of cover though and not much open area/Farm pasture. I didn't hunt much out there before that so I can't say if that's always been the case.

Comment

We hunt near the Mills / Comanche line, and we have too many hogs. Would be glad if some of ours came to visit you and stayed.

Comment

They must all be in NE Coleman County.

Like others have said they are transient. Last fall I never saw a pig. This fall the pig tracks seem to outnumber the deer tracks 2-1.

Comment

Y'all let me know if you ever want some hogs taken out! Ill be more than happy to.

Comment

None in my eastern part of brown co.
                        Too many goat fences and small tracts.
                        Luckily I have all I want or need in Leon Co.

BP

Comment

Our place is between Mullin and Zephyr. They come and go. Will be nothing for several months then usually around opening weekend they show up in force. We kill a few and they move out for a bit. Same thing every year.

Comment

We are north of Mullin and have seen hogs around Comanche and towards Zephyr. Never have seen one on our place.

Comment

Working...
                            X