Chandeleur Idlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Phillip I'm the same way, but I caution you... it ain't always that way!! It's a pretty miserable trip when you drive all the way over there and fight poor weather conditions after you get there, or if the weather is OK but the fish just aren't there!! I've been fishing the islands over 40 years and I've seen it both ways... I keep going back because usually you catch fish and then once in a while you have one of "those" trips like you guys had!! Sure glad you guys hit it right!
    Even on crappy conditions it's a good time when you have a good crew of fishermen.

It's like a good deer camp on the water

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      Even on crappy conditions it's a good time when you have a good crew of fishermen.

It's like a good deer camp on the water

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yessir, well said and a good comparison too! Other than the sickness, last trip was Excellent WRT to the group!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Phillip I'm the same way, but I caution you... it ain't always that way!! It's a pretty miserable trip when you drive all the way over there and fight poor weather conditions after you get there, or if the weather is OK but the fish just aren't there!! I've been fishing the islands over 40 years and I've seen it both ways... I keep going back because usually you catch fish and then once in a while you have one of "those" trips like you guys had!! Sure glad you guys hit it right!
        I've been fishing long enough to know ain't nothing a sure thing. It was just a great experience being out there. Worst case, you go fishing with some good buddies, eat some good food and enjoy it for what it is.

Comment

Chandeleur Idlands

Also Charlie I threw TSL’s some and caught some good fish on them. The bigger fish were taking the Hogie Super Minnow and Super Model DSL’s. I just couldn’t get a lot of hook ups with the trout support lures. I would let them have it for a good while and just wasn’t getting a lot of hook ups. Maybe my inexperience with them, but I gave them a shot.

Comment

Working...
          X