• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
    Did you end up finding anyone else?
    Disregard. He beat me to it.

Comment

Phillip, sure hope you guys whack 'em!! For this time of year, be sure and take some of the TSL Grasswalkers... Most fall trips have always been fishing in floating grass, especially if you're wading. Get the captain to show you where "The Pelican" is and fish the first cove just south of the cut where it is anchored... There's a deep cut right up against the bank that you can run all the way up in that cove... If you want to try the surf, it's a short walk across from there... The north shoreline of Redfish Point also has a deep cut that will get you far into the cove there and makes for a short walk across there... If the surf is clear and fishable, I'd try that first. You'll know pretty quick if the fish are on the outside... If they are, stay there... fish will be bigger and more aggressive, especially on an incoming tide. Your tides won't be the best, but hopefully it will be moving enough to get the current up to make the fish active.

Comment

Who packing the croaker for this trip?

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post

I’ll being some for you. You want some chatter weights too?

Comment

Nah, I'm good with just a croaker hook and a split shot.

Comment

How's the fishing around March or April?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                How's the fishing around March or April?
                Not sure. I’ve never been.

Comment

Post pictures when y'all get back please!

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post

Dang boy, hush yo mouff!! Them coonarse fish don't eat no krokur!! Thay likes them shoepic fingerlings...!! You gon' git laughed off tha boat if you start talkin' bout krokur fishin' out thar!!

Comment

Good luck gents.....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

How did y’all do ?

Comment

Smoked em. Perfect weather, fish biting everything and everywhere. We caught everybody’s limit of trout, don’t remember how many reds. I probably caught 300 trout in two days, maybe more. It was just stupid.

Comment

Wow! I regret not trying to go with y’all. I was off those days.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                              Wow! I regret not trying to go with y’all. I was off those days.

I’ll go back every year from now on. Best trout bite I’ve ever seen.

Comment

Phillip I'm the same way, but I caution you... it ain't always that way!! It's a pretty miserable trip when you drive all the way over there and fight poor weather conditions after you get there, or if the weather is OK but the fish just aren't there!! I've been fishing the islands over 40 years and I've seen it both ways... I keep going back because usually you catch fish and then once in a while you have one of "those" trips like you guys had!! Sure glad you guys hit it right!

Comment

Working...
                                X