New tab, busted arrow. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New tab, busted arrow. :)

Got all my stuff in from 3rivers and went outside to start breaking in the new tab. Out to 15 yards I came to full draw and just started compressing my back and "zip!" the arrow was on the way. I was completely un-ready for the release and as such I missed my 18"x18" target completely and instead hit the stone fence that is my back stop.

Yep I'm getting closer to the target for the next few shots.

God bless and happy hunting.
    Richard.

OUCH!! Don't even think about that one. I smoked a couple really nice woodies in the spine side of a 2X4. After that I completely tore down my target and started over.
    Keep shooting, it will come back.. Just ask Bisch.

Comment

Is that because it's so slick? What tab did you get?

Comment

New tab, busted arrow.

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
        OUCH!! Don't even think about that one. I smoked a couple really nice woodies in the spine side of a 2X4. After that I completely tore down my target and started over. [emoji3]
        Keep shooting, it will come back.. Just ask Bisch.

Ha! I’m far from “back”, but I’m a waaaaaay better place than I was a month ago.

You better quit breaking those sticks Richard, if you want to make it till next year before another order! [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

And I would find something softer than a rock wall for a backstop. Rocks eat arrows bad!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
          Is that because it's so slick? What tab did you get?
          Plain calf hair tab. Mine hasn't had any hair on it for quite a while and I didn't know how slick the new one was compared to the old.

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

You better quit breaking those sticks Richard, if you want to make it till next year before another order! [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

And I would find something softer than a rock wall for a backstop. Rocks eat arrows bad!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            LOL! I'm being more careful now. You'd be surprised how much that backstop makes me take careful aim.... well most of the time.

Richard

Comment

Speaking of backstops you don't want to hit, I recall a test Buff suggested to find out the maximum distance you should shoot at live game with your bow. Just put your 3D target right in front of the grill of your brand new pickup, then back up to whatever range you feel confident at.

Comment

^ I don't think I could make myself do that. It would be hard to explain on the phone to my insurance agency, and they probably would not be real willing to help with the damages..
                Accidents happen, and no one is perfect. I think I would take my chances with the stone fence first.
                -How's the shooting coming Richard?

Comment

^ I don't think I could make myself do that. It would be hard to explain on the phone to my insurance agency, and they probably would not be real willing to help with the damages..
                  Accidents happen, and no one is perfect. I think I would take my chances with the stone fence first.
                  Yeah, pretty sure the truck-backstop deal is kind of tongue in cheek. But it does indicate a level of commitment and confidence one should have when shooting at live game. Buff's comment came in the context of a thread where people were talking about how far they might shoot at game with a bow. Point is: get em close!

Nothing wrong with a forgiving safety net behind your target when trying new things like different arrows, or draw methods or various equipment and stretching shooting distance in practice.

Comment

Coming along slowly. I really really need to devote more time to it. The last weeks FSC showed how much I need to work on longer distances.

Richard.

Comment

Like any of us at any given time. It takes most LOTS of practice to be consistently consistent. Some people seem to just retain a higher level, but that is not most. I have been trying this for going on 3 years. I am just now getting a 25 yard shot on targets. I still prefer my live game at 15-. I was extremely excited to have shot the buck in my avatar at 18yards this past season.
                      Most likely I never will achieve the accuracy of Rick, but it is something to strive for. Keep shooting when time allows. I have a double beam shop light I run a lot of extension cords to and give myself some late evening practice. As long as the target is lit the arrow will fly.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                        Speaking of backstops you don't want to hit, I recall a test Buff suggested to find out the maximum distance you should shoot at live game with your bow. Just put your 3D target right in front of the grill of your brand new pickup, then back up to whatever range you feel confident at.
                        I laugh every time I hear this one.

Comment

Hey Richard,

When ordering strings or tabs always buy two or three. When you get the string and tab broke-in put them in your bow case for backups. Or, you can start making your own.

When I read the title I thought maybe you busted an arrow with another arrow. Sorry, that sucks. Seems the only arrows I ever waste are pretty ones, lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X