Need some video help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some video help

Hopefully Im posting this in the correct place. I have two older video cameras with lots of videos that I would like to transfer and save to a digital format. One of the cameras is a Sony that used mini digital video cassettes and the other is a Sony that used Hi8 cassettes. I cant seem to find a cable that will go from the cameras to my laptop. I guess Im a slower learner because all my googling isnt giving me a solution. Also, I only have USB and HDMI ports on my laptop. Thanks in advance for any help.

This should help

Comment

Thanks that helps some. He makes a pretty vague mention of the interface device. That is what Im specifically trying to figure out. I looked up what he made mention of and it looks like the electronics stores sell them. If someone can tell me exactly what interface device I need I would appreciate it. There are a lot of really mixed reviews on a lot of the ones I have looked up. Maybe it is just a crapshoot no matter which one because they are cheap electronics made overseas.

Comment

If all else fails..... You can take the videos and just pay someone to transfer them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
          If all else fails..... You can take the videos and just pay someone to transfer them for you
          Im seriously thinking about doing this. I have a bunch and it might be worth it just in time savings.

Comment

Working...
          X