Nikon SLR Question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nikon SLR Question??

I've seen on Ebay some cameras that say Nikon and some that say Nikon USA. The ones that don't say USA are cheaper but still have the US warranty. Anyone know the difference or if its the same camera quality but imported?

It is a scam on the ones that don't say US......You buy them and they tell you that you bought a Japanese model and if you want it to work with your USA lenses then you will need to upgrade to the US model, which is more expensive......ANd they tell you they won't warrenty the non-us model........

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
      It is a scam on the ones that don't say US......You buy them and they tell you that you bought a Japanese model and if you want it to work with your USA lenses then you will need to upgrade to the US model, which is more expensive......ANd they tell you they won't warrenty the non-us model........
      Thanks. Thats all I need to hear.

Comment

Deer716,

It isn't a scam, I don't think, it is "gray" market vs. US.

Google "gray market nikon" and you can simply see the warranty is different on the two

Watch buying lenses for Nikon as well. There are gray market and us warranties too

Comment

Two words....er, letters...B H.

Comment

I already tried this last year.......e-bay helped me get out of the deal, because they didn't disclose that this camera wasn't US.......I ended up buying from B&H like Casey suggest above.....

Comment

I went with B&H......I am still waiting on a shipping ...ahh....error... on their part. I REALLY want my new camera!

B&H explains all of the gray market stuff on their website I do believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                Two words....er, letters...B H.
                ditto

Comment

and another vote for B and H

I thought Casey might give me a good, old-fashioned, Berandel style arse-whoopin' when I thought about buying my camera from anywhere else.

Comment

When a real, legitimate deal surfaces that saves someone a few hundred dollars on things they can really use (not the screw-on wide angle doohicky) I'll believe that there is a better option. I just have not seen any of these deals come to fruition. I do know of a few people that have tried to get these deals that only ended up frustrated.

Peace of mind has a price tag.

Comment

B&H here as well.

Comment

For you B&H fans, my wife was in that store yesterday. She said it was absolute chaos. You can't really handle anything and you don't carry anything to the checkouts. There are something like 48 lanes and you get your merchandise brought to you after you pay for it. I told her she's a lightweight and I would still get a kick out of a place like that.

Needless to say, my wishlist she had clutched in her grip went unfulfilled. She told me she'd "shop online".

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                          For you B&H fans, my wife was in that store yesterday. She said it was absolute chaos. You can't really handle anything and you don't carry anything to the checkouts. There are something like 48 lanes and you get your merchandise brought to you after you pay for it. I told her she's a lightweight and I would still get a kick out of a place like that.

Needless to say, my wishlist she had clutched in her grip went unfulfilled. She told me she'd "shop online".
                          I've got several free fly anywhere tickets in my hand and I've been thinking about using one to fly to New York, eat good and visit B&H. My wife thinks I'm an idiot. She just doesn't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by finatic View Post
                            I've got several free fly anywhere tickets in my hand and I've been thinking about using one to fly to New York, eat good and visit B&H. My wife thinks I'm an idiot. She just doesn't get it.
                            Yeah, who's the idiot over there? Wait...scratch that!

I'm like you, I'd love to spend a few days in the place!!

Comment

Amen to everything above.

There's a great thread on this topic at PhotographyReview.com's forum. It's in the Camera Dealer Feedback forum, and it's a sticky titled "Recommended Sites and Sites to avoid".

Another resource, mentioned in that thread as well, is:

http://www.resellerratings.com/topstores.pl

Comment

Working...
                              X