Leveling Kit Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
    Did you have and alignment job done on it after the leveling kit went on?
    Yes sir.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
      I can tell you on mine it changed the ride quality and handling greatly. It changes the angles on everything suspension related. I wouldn't do it again personally. It looked great when finished but was too "loose" in curves and much rougher ride. (2015 F150 SCREW FX4 with 2" level on front)
      This is what I e experienced also. I think it just has more lean because it’s higher than it was designed for. I love the extra clearance but I’m more cautious on turns at higher speeds than I had to be before.

Comment

We sell nothing but Ready Lift products at my shop and they are honestly the best. There kit is a 2.25" part# 66-2215. I have heard many people complain about rough ride after a leveling kit. My experience has been that 80% of the ride quality change comes from the tires that are added after a leveling kit. Your factory highway tires that come on it are not 10 ply and not run above 55 psi like the all terrain or mud terrain tires you are putting on it. Also the factory tires are only 10" wide as the aftermarket ones you will probably get are 12". Tis makes a difference because now you have an additional 8" of rubber touching the road picking up more ruts, holes and other vibrations the roads might throw at you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gambler2200 View Post
          We sell nothing but Ready Lift products at my shop and they are honestly the best. There kit is a 2.25" part# 66-2215. I have heard many people complain about rough ride after a leveling kit. My experience has been that 80% of the ride quality change comes from the tires that are added after a leveling kit. Your factory highway tires that come on it are not 10 ply and not run above 55 psi like the all terrain or mud terrain tires you are putting on it. Also the factory tires are only 10" wide as the aftermarket ones you will probably get are 12". Tis makes a difference because now you have an additional 8" of rubber touching the road picking up more ruts, holes and other vibrations the roads might throw at you.
          My wheels and tires were factory. Bigger tires will definitely make a difference too though.

Comment

Not to mention most aftermarket wheels have a huge offset relative to factory, which puts the wheel further out from the hub, increasing unsprung weight (And wear on wheel bearings), which will make the truck feel loose.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
              I can tell you on mine it changed the ride quality and handling greatly. It changes the angles on everything suspension related. I wouldn't do it again personally. It looked great when finished but was too "loose" in curves and much rougher ride. (2015 F150 SCREW FX4 with 2" level on front)
              Anytime you change the suspension on ANY vehicle, you can't expect it to ride and perform like it did before the modifications.

People need to understand that the truck will not be the same, after a lift ... no matter how expensive of parts you use. It's not the same and never will be.

Comment

I was looking at putting new tires on it before long but just the same size tires on it as the factory tires probably Discoverer ATPs. After following WItoTX advice on the measuring points I have about a 2.5" rake. I had just been looking at the leveling kits spacers or strut extensions. After people on here mentioned the Bilstein 5100s I have been looking into those as well and I have a gearhead buddy that is pushing me towards those also. I figure 2-2.25" would be perfect which I could get with the Bilstein 5100s or spacer/strut extension. I can get either put in around here, with the spacer/strut extension for $275-$585 out the door and the Bilstein 5100s just front struts not rear replacements for $450 out the door. There are quite a few places that keep the polyurethane spacers instock and kind push towards those over other stuff. I have read a few articles and the polyurethane spacers and they seem durable and seem to reduce squeaks and what not but most people seem to prefer metal. I am just wanting to get the best bang for my buck and accomplish a level look trying to keep ride, mpg, and price in mind.
                Last edited by DuramaxDude; 05-23-2019, 12:44 PM.

Comment

ttt

Comment

I had the Bilstein 5100s on my 2010 and was not exactly happy. Highway performance was good, but they rode almost uncomfortably stiff on potholes and washboards roads. I didn’t even have them on their highest setting. That truck went through a lot of ball joints and front end components.

I bought a strut spacer for my F-150 to raise the front 1.5” (want some rake for towing and hauling). I haven’t worked up the courage to install despite having bought it 8 months ago.

Strut spacers will decrease the downward travel of the suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Passage View Post
                      I had the Bilstein 5100s on my 2010 and was not exactly happy. Highway performance was good, but they rode almost uncomfortably stiff on potholes and washboards roads. I didn’t even have them on their highest setting. That truck went through a lot of ball joints and front end components.

I bought a strut spacer for my F-150 to raise the front 1.5” (want some rake for towing and hauling). I haven’t worked up the courage to install despite having bought it 8 months ago.

Strut spacers will decrease the downward travel of the suspension.

Had the spacers installed on my truck yesterday and it looks the way a 4x4 should have come from the factory. Handles identical to stock, and very pleased so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Passage View Post
                        Had the spacers installed on my truck yesterday and it looks the way a 4x4 should have come from the factory. Handles identical to stock, and very pleased so far.

Cool deal!!! What height were the spacers and what brand?

Comment

I bought the Auto Spring spacer kit. It is the brand that a majority of the guys on F150Forum are using. The spacer I bought is for 1.5” of lift, so the spacer itself is only about 1” thick.

Comment

I have the 2” autospring in the front and 2.5” block in the back. Had it on my last f150 as well. I’ve been very happy with mine and will put it on my next one as well. Very little if any difference in the ride quality. Make sure you get an alignment.

Comment

Working...
                            X