Leveling Kit Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leveling Kit Help

Ok I am looking for a leveling kit for a 2016 F150 supercrew 4x4. There is a 2.75" difference between the front and back from the ground to the fender directly above the tire 36.75" in the front and 39.5". I am seeing the front end spacers/strut extension kits at 2", 2.25", 2.5" and 3". 3" would be to much so I was thinking one of the other ones. I am leaning petty hard towards the 2.25" kit but I am not sure which one would achieve the most level look? Any advice from the GS would be appreciated.

I put a 3/1 kit on my Tundra. It has a 2 inch rake( I believe that's the term) so now it's level. I'm sure there's one that'll fit you truck. Also put some Firestone Ride Rite air bags on it. Love the combo.
    Look at Autoanything.com. They have a good selection at great prices.

Comment

I used Bilstein 5100 series when I leveled out my Silverado. They are ride height adjustable so you can get it perfect and they can return to stock height. It’s better than running a spacer in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Go 2 or 2.25. If you tow or carry any weight in the bed you want to keep some rake to it. If you want more, install the 3 inch then add a block to the rear to get it where you want it. I ended up with Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks that at the highest setting raised it 2 inches in the front. Stiffened the ride though. I also added a block in the rear to get more rake so it sits perfect with my trailer hooked up.

Comment

I went with the Bilstein system and made the front up 2". Mine is '18 F150 S.C. RWD. Sits with a slight rake normally but levels well when pulling a trailer.

DO NOT FORGET TO ADJUST THE HEADLIGHTS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
            Ok I am looking for a leveling kit for a 2016 F150 supercrew 4x4. There is a 2.75" difference between the front and back from the ground to the fender directly above the tire 36.75" in the front and 39.5". I am seeing the front end spacers/strut extension kits at 2", 2.25", 2.5" and 3". 3" would be to much so I was thinking one of the other ones. I am leaning petty hard towards the 2.25" kit but I am not sure which one would achieve the most level look? Any advice from the GS would be appreciated.
            Go with the Kardashian 5hocker kit.....3 in the front, 2 in the rear.

Change your screen-name too

Comment

Originally posted by Cjh94 View Post
              I used Bilstein 5100 series when I leveled out my Silverado. They are ride height adjustable so you can get it perfect and they can return to stock height. It’s better than running a spacer in my opinion.

2nd this. I did the same on my silverado. Improved the ride as well as leveled it. I replaced front and back!!

Comment

did it, don't do it

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                  did it, don't do it

Looking back, I would’ve never installed a leveling kit nor my 3.5 lift though. I’m 24 and 5’11” with a bad back and I’m already over climbing into my truck.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                    I went with the Bilstein system and made the front up 2". Mine is '18 F150 S.C. RWD. Sits with a slight rake normally but levels well when pulling a trailer.

DO NOT FORGET TO ADJUST THE HEADLIGHTS!!!!
                    True ! I had a kit on my 2012 and ERRYBODY flashed their lights at me. When I had them on bright, I was coon hunting.

Comment

Looking back, I would’ve never installed a leveling kit nor my 3.5 lift though. I’m 24 and 5’11” with a bad back and I’m already over climbing into my truck.

Yes, I get flashes high beams all the time and it doesn’t handle nearly as well either. Feels loose on the turns.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                        Yes, I get flashes high beams all the time and it doesn’t handle nearly as well either. Feels loose on the turns.

Did you angle your headlights down? I had to angle mine down a bit but I’ll still get flashed.

Comment

Bilstien 5100’s or 6112’s are the way to go for the front end.

Comment

Did you angle your headlights down? I had to angle mine down a bit but I’ll still get flashed.

Do you drive a f150?
                            No, everything I read and looked at says my model doesn’t adjust and I thought they were crazy

Comment

Rancho Quick list is another shock replacement option and works like the Bilsteins. Mine 2009 sits 1/2” lower in the front and looks perfect.
                              Last edited by muddyz; 05-20-2019, 05:05 PM. Reason: Spelling don’t kount

Comment

Working...
                              X