Using roundup to clear hunting areas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using roundup to clear hunting areas

Ok this another question about how to keep grass and weeds under control in my hunting areas. I’m talking about one area that might be an acre and another trail down to a bottom area I hunt. If I I were to use roundup ground clear a few times a year it might keep weeds under control but how long would the smell of the chemicals last and how much would it affect the deer in the area?????

Has anyone ever used it before maybe for a food plot area

Comment

I have used round up on my place and threw corn out and does were out eating before it was even dark. I swear they must of come out a few minutes after I left. They keep coming till it was gone.

Comment

It doesn’t bother deer.

Comment

Not going to hurt. When you spray you will think that you spayed everything but I can promise you that you will miss something

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
            Not going to hurt. When you spray you will think that you spayed everything but I can promise you that you will miss something
            So true

Comment

I wouldn't spray unless I was gonna plant something. If you just want low vegetation, mow it. That will promote the growth of forbs and young tender weeds that deer eat. It's easier to mow than to spray most places.

Comment

Spray, smoke a cigar or cig while you are doing it....deer don't care, they will be back in a few days when it gets quiet again....

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  I wouldn't spray unless I was gonna plant something. If you just want low vegetation, mow it. That will promote the growth of forbs and young tender weeds that deer eat. It's easier to mow than to spray most places.
                  Yep. Lots of "weeds" are beneficial for wildlife.

Comment

If your food plot is on a pipeline I don't think I would spray. If it gets noticed on an aerial survey somebody would come looking.

Comment

True

It kills broadleaf plants which is the preferred forage of deer. Just use a mower or weed eater if too rough for mower

Comment

leave the grass and kill the weeds with a weed killer

Comment

Agreed, the weeds will just come back and you're promoting soil erosion by just spraying.

Also most chemical smells don't bother deer especially if it's a working ranch or farm.

Human body oder is the most stomach turning, frighteningly obnoxious smell in a deers world.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've sprayed and had them get their hooves wet. They don't care

Comment

Working...
                            X