Wife a bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife a bow?

So my wife has decided to start shooting with my son and I in the evenings. I am thrilled, but currently she shoots my sons Ragim 24 @ 24. She is a very little woman (as she has a 24" draw), and I honestly don't think she could pull much more weight yet as she has never really shot before. Any ideas on where to find a used recurve in light weight poundage to get her started?

Look on Lancaster Archery and check out some of the youth/women set ups they have. They have some very economical set ups that are takedowns. If she got stronger you could always just get a replacement set of limbs. My wifes niece (adult lady) just got a Samick Sage for her birthday and is starting to shoot and loves it.

Comment

Search for OMP - Explorer II. They are short lightweight bows that have decent cast. 3Rivers currently has a RH 24# for $109. Nice little bows. Attractive and does not feel like a cheap kids bow. I recently bought one for a friend's 14 yo son. He was nailing pop bottles at 10 paces in his first few shots.

I should add they have up to 32# @28, which would put her in the 24-26# range at her draw length.
      Last edited by TejasNW; 09-07-2015, 08:25 AM. Reason: more information

Comment

I second the Lancaster Archery motion. They have Samick bows that go down into the teens for draw weight, and you can upgrade them by simply buying new limbs when you need more weight. They shoot decently and if memory serves, cost around $150.00.

Comment

Check out this page.

Then scroll down to the bobcat at the bottom of the page. I have heard that these are nice bows but I personally have no experience with them. I like that he will sswap limbs for free to encourage women and kids.

Also check out the Bob Sarrels Bows. I saw some youth bows when I was at his shop but didn't really ask about them. I own a Sarrels bow and love it. You can't go wrong with one of his.

Comment

Just had a chance to check back, thanks for the posts. Gives me some options for her for sure.

Comment

Working...
            X