Which pistols should I look at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
    You might want to look at the newest Sig, the P365. About the same size as a Shield or G43, but with a 10 round capacity. I carry a Shield, but I'm thinking on this one pretty hard. Now, what to do with all the .40 ammo I have.........
    Sell it and use the money to buy the P365....

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
      Cz, fn509, etc are good balances. I personally love my ruger sr9c, and like having the 17 rd mag and 10. Plus ruger has taken good care of me.
      Had a situation this week, luckily did not need to draw, but sure was glad to have 17+1 ready to go..

I like the SR9c as well and don't think it gets the notice it should - mid- size, easy to control, great capacity, and maybe the best trigger on a polymer framed pistol. Reasonably priced, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
        Yeah lc9s are good, but honestly i just feel like they're too small of a gun ( for the reasons you've pointed out with the pf9). Not bad if it's all you can carry, but try to carry as much gun as you can honestly. During that situation this week i mentioned, another guy that stopped and had his at the ready had a similar sized gun (as the 16+ capacity guns mentioned above) in an offbody style holster that looked like a binoculars harness. We were all dressed in business casual but armed and confident enough to intervene in the situation without yet knowing the full details of the situation (is it one teenager, or is it 4 adult males, etc).

I should clarify that one of the reasons not knowing the details matters, is normally we think of <7 yards for self defense. But in this case it was in defense of others and so suddenly running from 30 yds to 15 yds hands ready while assessing makes your accuracy with a light pistol very difficult. I never expected to be in this situation in a million years but it opened my eyes and was glad i was confident with what I had.

Care to expand on the situation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I carry a Glock 23, but its in .40. I believe the equivalent in 9 is the G22. Its the midsize model. The 23 mags hold 13 rounds. Nor sure about the G22 9's, but its at least one more.

Comment

I really like my P938 but I put my hands on a 365 the other day at the Hoffpauir Expo and I gotta say I want one bad. It fits my hand perfectly and I can hardly believe it holds 12+1.

Comment

I have a springfield xd sub compact I'll sell you, comes with all the original xd gear in the box and a cross breed super tuck holster. 9mm and holds either 13 or 17 depending on what mag you use

I like it but I haven't carried it in about a year, have been using my 1911 or revolver lately

Comment

I always lean toward Glock, as I love their dependability. That is my go-to carry weapon (either the 23 if clothes will permit, or if not my 42).

Comment

There is a guy at church that swears by the reliability of Glocks. The funny part, and scary at the same time, is every time we go to the range he has more FTE and FTF than everybody else combined. But it is not due to a faulty Glock. It is due to his limp wrist method of holding the pistol which “feels comfortable” for him.

My point is as long as you take your firearm to the range on a regular basis then you will find out really fast if it is reliable or not. This is the big reason why I have put 800 rounds through my PF9. All of the major brands are reliable, after you break it in and find out what ammo it likes.

With all of that being said, I’ll make my decision after I go to Champions and fire several pistols back to back.

Comment

I love my walther ppq, but would look hard at the m&p mod 2 sub compact if I were starting over. They fit my hand well, and if you can conceal them you get 16 rounds.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I carry a Springfield XDS 40 and now with a good holster/belt from Tucker Gunleather it is probably the most comfortable I have carried and accuracy is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                        Glock 26 with 19 magazines. Compact with 16 rounds.

Glock 43 with a + 4 extension. single stack with 11 rounds..

I have both.
                        So the 26 is as tall as the g19 with a crappy grip when the 19 mags are in use? Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                          So the 26 is as tall as the g19 with a crappy grip when the 19 mags are in use? Lol.
                          Yeah I didn't get that either.

OP just go put your hands on a bunch and shoot as many as you can. It's kind of hard to go wrong these days. I've pretty much settled on a Glock 26 and 19 for carry. I've never had the attraction to smaller single stack pistols since the above mentioned are easy to conceal, have capacity and you still feel like you're holding a gun. Most of the time I find myself carrying the 26 OWB.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post

Glock 26 with Glock 19 magazines.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                              Glock 26 with Glock 19 magazines.

Comment

Glock 26 or Taurus PT111 Gen 2

Comment

Working...
                                X