Anybody want to do a trad ram hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody want to do a trad ram hunt?

So I haven't shot trad in a few years now. Just barely got any hunting time finishing up residency and fellowship. I want to get back to trad hunting this season. I've been very blessed to have killed a TXdall ram, Hybrid Ibex, WT doe and buck with my trad bow and that was all LUCK.

Additionally, I've always loved hunting rams- started out with an obsession for the real guys like Stone, Dall etc...

I'd like to start a quest even if it's only a few rams per year, but I'd like to complete the Texas Sheep slam with my trad bow and I want gold medal rams for the wall.

Anybody interested in finding a good place and planning a trad hunt for after deer season or sooner?

PS- if my wife finds about this...I'm dead. She will not be happy about another half dozen ram shoulder mounts.

You know I just posted on a thread about liking to kill stuff. I should want to go kill them. But I would do a skull mount at best. And I sure wouldn't eat one.
    If the price was right I would just for the fun time it would be.
    And the skulls look good camo dipped.
    I need a warm up for deer season anyway.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      You know I just posted on a thread about liking to kill stuff. I should want to go kill them. But I would do a skull mount at best. And I sure wouldn't eat one.
      If the price was right I would just for the fun time it would be.
      And the skulls look good camo dipped.
      I need a warm up for deer season anyway.

The skulls do look AMAZING. I've got some time in September and would also like a warm up. I talked to Skylar at Diamond C and he's got a huge chunk open. Ive just got to coordinate with the Army and some PRN work I was going to pick up since my Canada trip got cancelled due to COVID.

Dates I'm looking at are 18-27SEP.

2 things:

1) I'm not sure if I will be proficient by the end of September with my trad bow, but sure can try!
      2) I'll take your ram meat. It makes AMAZING ground meat and sausage. After I had sliders from my Corsican ram and smoked sausage, I vowed to never allow any ram meat to waste.

Comment

I've been there once. If I go there twice I may kill more than a ram.[emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          I've been there once. If I go there twice I may kill more than a ram.[emoji6]

Yeah....I looked at their website. I’m itchy for just about anything on the list that I haven’t already shot (Blackbuck and fallow).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I might be interested if it's a weekend deal mad I can swing the budget with a 2 week old. I might be shooting training wheels.....will that prevent me from joining?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
              I might be interested if it's a weekend deal mad I can swing the budget with a 2 week old. I might be shooting training wheels.....will that prevent me from joining?
              Man, nobody will be excluded as far as I'm concerned and 2 week old, been there! I always tell people these first three months suck and then after that every day is better and better.

Comment

I don't have a budget as long as I pay out of my business account or my special account. I try not to take monies out of the family budget for hunting but I spend plenty out of the business and special accounts on family.
                I could use an axis doe in the freezer.

Comment

Is 25-27SEP a possibility with y'all?

Comment

I just emailed Skylar. I'm itching to hunt. It's just primal...I can't help it.

Comment

I’ll be at Diamond C next Friday. Nothing more fun than a trip to Tha C

Comment

Originally posted by CSIceman View Post
                        I’ll be at Diamond C next Friday. Nothing more fun than a trip to Tha C

Let us know how it goes and what you see.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                          Is 25-27SEP a possibility with y'all?
                          Might want to join in the fun!

Comment

Have you been introduced to the guys from the Sexier Than Hell Ram Hunt? Really dirty but a wholesome dirty. With half a dozen ram mounts ... you sound really horny. You might fit right in.

Ill be game for a hunt later in the year.
                            Last edited by Briar Friar; 08-19-2020, 11:39 PM. Reason: ThenThanSpake

Comment

Weekend before the season opener.[emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                              X