Trapping 2016 - 2017 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tex4k View Post

I don't remember who makes them but there are round jaw conibear style traps with a 10" jaw spread, they're legal and wicked efficient in fence crawls. Have caught several coyotes that didn't even get out of the hole, drt!
    Bill Crum, CTM Trapping Equipment, Indiana

RBG #330 (10")

Comment

Made it to 50 coyotes, on the year. All in the snares, got traps died and going to wax. Need to find time to get some in the dirt.

Comment

Do you mind sharing any tips or tricks with your snares? I'm either really bad or have small rodents tripping mine all the time. It's also hard because I don't get to my place that often so if something trips a snare it's a month before I can get back to set it up again.

Comment

I set my snares in waves, never year around. I fill holes in fence line and let the animals dig them back out. That takes a couple months. So I had set my snares in March for 3 weeks then filled holes. This is round two and have set this past week, and the next couple weeks to make a dent in the population. Before the fawns start dropping. quail and turkeys sure don't mind either.

Comment

Great info. I've never done that before.
            I've just snared the same holes for years.
            Will fill them up, wait and snare new holes.
            Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
            X