Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Aransas National Wildlife Refuge Archery Info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunt one time years ago and the Mosquitos were crazy bad!!! Good luck to all that go

Comment

Anyone know any numbers of hunters signed up? Wish we were coming - but looks like another missed year at Aransas for my group of N.E.TX hunters...... Keep us posted as to how it goes.... it looked like the area down there got rain a week ago or so..... I would think all the ponds are full? Hope someone gets a good one, and there are enough hunters to keep the hunt going. There are some monsters there I know - and most die of old age or from blood loss by skeeters..... its a challenging hunt for sure !!

Comment

This will be my first hunt at the Aransas Refuge, is a tripod best or are there areas you can use tree stands?

Comment

Primary would be a tripod 5 to 7 ft

Comment

I wanna try hunting here next year, never done public land hunting mainly because I really don't know how it works. This is the closest public hunting area to where i live.

Comment

Aransas is different than most public hunting. Permits are sold off their web site, not a drawing. And you do not have to have the state public hunting permit.

Comment

Man I haven't hunted ANWR in years! We used to go down and camp on side of the road and line trucks up and wait for the gates to opens back in the mid 80s. Saw lots of animals down there shot a few pigs and does and missed a really nice 9 point with my Bear Whitetail II!!! Few gator encounters on some water holes in middle of refuge. Yall have a good time

Comment

I went by earlier today and all I can say is everything is GREEN!!!

Comment

Looking forward to the scout days.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead2314 View Post
                      Just checked the refuge website. The hunt permits are available for purchase.
                      Danny, can you post the link?

Thanks!

Comment

Comment

I've never been down there, but thinking of signing up for the one of the rifle seasons. We probably won't have much of a chance to do any scouting. Any hints or suggestions? I talked to one of the biologists there, and he said most people hunt from a tripod in the senderos. What about a place to stay? Camping or whatever.

Comment

There's camping at Hoppers Landing for $10 a night.

Tri=pods do work best, but I recomend scouting before your hunt. The rifle hunts this year are 8 day huntds not 2 day hunts,and if you're hunting during the week you'll have a better hunt.

Comment

Is it correct that the only time you are allowed into the hunting area of the refuge is during the scouting days? In other words can I go down there and look around any time? I assume that you are only allowed to scout (and set up stands) during the assigned scouting days for your particular hunt, the week or so before your hunt.

Comment

You can move stands around during the hunt. You can only gain access to the hunt area during scout days and hunts only. No access is granted any other time of the year

Comment

Working...
                                X