Hog hunt at Grapvine this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog hunt at Grapvine this weekend

A buddy and I are going to Grapevine this weekend anyone else want to go?

I do. I am gonna try to go to my secret honey hole that I have not hunted this year but I still gotta make it to the COE Office to get my permit haha.

Comment

What time yall headed up there?

Comment

I just found out I might be working this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
          What time yall headed up there?
          Im not sure yet. I have never hog hunted so I dont know when the best time is to go or anything. If you have any suggestions let me know.

Comment

I am gonna be going to Lake Ray Roberts tommorow morning to hog hunt and setup a game camera. Hopefully I will have some luck....

Comment

Hopefully, you don't get iced in.

Comment

Hogs are unpredictable unless you have them somewhere they can't get out. The time to hunt them from a stand is early morning, late evening, or middle of the night. During the middle of the day when it is warm they will be bedded in the thick brush where it is cool. But when it is cold they may move around all day. If you don't have a stand established find a trail they use regularly and set up on it. Be aware that hogs have a very good nose and will bust you if you are upwind from them.

Comment

What permit do you need to hunt Lake Ray Roberts? I didn't think it could be hog hunted.

Comment

You only need the Type 2 license it allows you to hunt on all WMA's and yes hods are a promblem at ray roberts and there are some big ones there. I am hopefully going again this weekend while it is all nasty outside the hogs should be moveing..

Comment

Originally posted by Bweger View Post
                      Hogs are unpredictable unless you have them somewhere they can't get out. The time to hunt them from a stand is early morning, late evening, or middle of the night. During the middle of the day when it is warm they will be bedded in the thick brush where it is cool. But when it is cold they may move around all day. If you don't have a stand established find a trail they use regularly and set up on it. Be aware that hogs have a very good nose and will bust you if you are upwind from them.
                      Thanks for the tip man. Hopefully with the cold weather they will be moving this weekend

Comment

Working...
                      X