Jerry Jeff/Guy Clark - Desperadoes waiting for a Train
    Jerry Jeff/Guy Clark - L.A Freeway
    Guy Clark - Dublin Blues
    Robert Earl King - Gringo Honeymoon
    Ryan Bingham - Bluebird
    Lyle Lovett - In My Own Mind

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
      That tune surely paints a picture. As an old goat, i'd encourage the younger members of the brotherhood, and anyone who hasn't checked him out, to pay a serious visit to the Rusty Wier catalog. I champion that guy every chance i get. Great, great Texas Music original.

Don't it make you wanna dance
      Sally Mae
      Stoned, slow, rugged
      5:00 on a Texas Morning
      Coby's Song
      Blue Haze
      I heard you been layin' my old lady
      I don't want to lay this guitar down

Man, i could go on for a long time on this guy. Just awesome. Thanks for a great call up.

He was a great artist. Seen him many times and he would come and sit with ya and hold a real conversation. When I was working the oilfield in the 80's I was listening to that song as I drove into Aqua Dulce and there was that park bench. I had to stop and play the song over and over again. I sure do miss him.

You yunguns need to give him a listen.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotney View Post
        He was a great artist. Seen him many times and he would come and sit with ya and hold a real conversation. When I was working the oilfield in the 80's I was listening to that song as I drove into Aqua Dulce and there was that park bench. I had to stop and play the song over and over again. I sure do miss him.

You yunguns need to give him a listen.
        Very cool. I've stated it on here a couple of times: In all the times i ever saw him play, he never once looked like he wasn't having the time of his life.

I just have to:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmT0digJw-g"]Rusty Wier ~~~~~agua dulce - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

"Well I was drunk, the day my mom got out of prison. And I went to pick her up, in the rain" David Allen Coe

Comment

400 Hogs

Comment

Originally posted by bubba joe View Post
              everything Cody Jinks!
              x2 and I love "Walk Away" by Cody Johnson

Comment

Guess it's more red dirt, but....Gallo Del Cielo - Jason Boland and the Stragglers -

Not sure what it is, but that's probably my second favorite song next to Merle Haggard's Rainbow Stew

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddct View Post
                  Too Cold at Home - Mark Chesnutt.
                  That's one of mine too.

Texas Country

Charlie Robison- My Hometown

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Blues Man...... Hank Jr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hntndawg View Post
                      Guess it's more red dirt, but....Gallo Del Cielo - Jason Boland and the Stragglers -

Not sure what it is, but that's probably my second favorite song next to Merle Haggard's Rainbow Stew

Look up the Tom Russel version, and Russels "Sky Above, Mud Below".

Comment

Originally posted by Brush to Bay View Post
                        "Well I was drunk, the day my mom got out of prison. And I went to pick her up, in the rain" David Allen Coe

Song and singer, both worthless trash.

Comment

a lot of great songs previously mentioned, but I'd have to add

ruby's two sad daughters - walt wilkins (also recorded by pat green)

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            Song and singer, both worthless trash.

Man that song is a classic but I do have to agree that he is pretty trashy. That one cd he has (you know the one) is DIRTY lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bigyummy77 View Post
                              I don't relly get into female singers (except to look at), but, Sunny Sweeny killed it with this one!

I Feel Like Hank Williams Tonight - YouTube
                              That song is awesome!

Comment

I had forgotten about Kevin smith.
                                I wore out the cd I had in the late '90s driving to and from concerts, shows, tubing trips etc around central Texas.

'Showered and shaved in bathroom stall, in a Texaco...on my way to gruene hall'

Comment

Working...
                                X