Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
    And some ugly women
    My dad had to travel to Colorado regularly with his old job and he always said the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
      Texas is the same way towards non Texans. Same way A&M is towards non A&M. As long as a person doesn't take it personally, its not a big deal.

Gotta remember, portions of Colorado were given up by Texas in order for the federal government to pay off Texas debt when Texas joined the Union. Those Colorado folks might still be upset they didn't make the cut!
      Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
      I was thinking of typing this exact same thing, glad I got to yours at the bottom!
      Wait a minute. That's pretty harsh! I razz my Aggie buddies as much as anybody, but to say they are, as a group, resentful toward all non Aggies is not just a stretch; it is simply not correct!

Comment

Look into Rifle, meeker, grand junction area.. much nicer than the east slope, and pretty decent job availability with the refineries. Some good money to be made if you like living rustic. Meeker is an absolute gorgeous little town.

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
          And some ugly women. I told my buddies before we started hunting every year in Colorado. They didn't believe me. Every year we hit the Texas border and they start looking in cars. They believe me now. BTW I was born in Colorado Springs
          Originally posted by CEO View Post
          My dad had to travel to Colorado regularly with his old job and he always said the same thing.
          There are always exceptions though. If only y’all had seen the stunning blonde holding hands with a soldier in downtown Colorado Springs. Could’ve been used in a commercial. She was the most beautiful site I’ve ever seen in that part of the state.

Comment

Pushutton2’s threads always got me scratchin my head like WUT?? Good luck on the move.

Comment

Im not sure what the draw is towards Colorado. I spent a little time there and couldn't back to Texas fast enough.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                Im not sure what the draw is towards Colorado. I spent a little time there and couldn't back to Texas fast enough.

I’m with you. I think most people take a vacation and are able to get away from reality for a week or so. Then they trick their self into thinking how awesome it would be to live there. So you move and that place just becomes your new reality and before long it sucks too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Houses are crazy expensive here. And yes any of the mountain towns are great, and yes they can be snobs ( just like rich people everywhere ) . As far as us not liking Texasans, I think it's the same every where. I know when we go down there, when they see our plates, or know where we are from, some ( a lot) are not so friendly. There are not many native Coloradans left here, so I don't think that's a big thing. Traffic and life are very fast paced here in the city and suburbs. If you want ( need) to stay close to the city, evergreen, conifer, Bailey, are close and in the mountains. But you should at least visit here in the winter, it gets cold, and snows, sometimes a lot. If you want to stay more in the foot hills you may look at, frank town, castle rock, Elizabeth, Parker areas. And **** I don't know where the guys that say ugly women are all that live here hang out, because there are A LOT of drop dead gorgeous women here, and i mean a lot of them. ( your married and that shouldn't matter any way, but the eye candy is here, believe me). Yea weed is legal, and as long as alcohol is, I think it should be to. Not every body's a " stoner" just like down there and every where, not every body that drinks is an alcoholic. It's really not a bad place to live. A lot to do summer and winter.
                  Last edited by critter69; 06-19-2018, 06:27 PM.

Comment

My office is in Denver. I've been working there for 19 months and only been by the office once. I was willing to move there when I got hired but all my clients have been on the road. I would move if I didn't have to hop on a plane for client work.

That said if you or your wife are in software development, agile coaching, etc. let me know and I can see what openings we have up there and make the referral.

Comment

I could handle Wyoming better than Colorado, the problem with either place is the rush of folks moving in from the west coast, heck we see it here already. No offense to TBH'r Bill from San Jose.

I like New Mexico too but dang its got problems as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                        My office is in Denver. I've been working there for 19 months and only been by the office once. I was willing to move there when I got hired but all my clients have been on the road. I would move if I didn't have to hop on a plane for client work.

That said if you or your wife are in software development, agile coaching, etc. let me know and I can see what openings we have up there and make the referral.
                        I appreciate the offer!
                        Unfortunately we are none of those.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                          If your a tourist and spending money they love you. But if you're up there working and you're not from there and especially from Texas it's a different story.
                          My dad worked in Grand Junction for Halliburton five or six years and he said they never let him forget he was from Texas and never really fit in.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                          I spent 10 yrs just up the road in the Roaring Fork Valley and had the exact opposite experience, it may have better for us as they saw how much worse the Californian were.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                            Gunnison is a cool town. More western in nature. I could live their possibly.
                            I have some customers that are brothers from East Texas. They each bought cabins outside of Gunnison and they love it. They live there for summer though not year around.

Comment

critter69 mentioned what I was going to, harsh winters. But if Pushbutton2 lived in Michigan and Iowa he may be used to that. It is one thing I always disliked about living in the Laurel Mountains back in PA. It would start snowing on average around Halloween and not stop until April. January and February was mostly single digits or below, plus snow measured in feet not inches. Not my idea of a good time. Fall was awesome, I just never liked what came next. I am the type that HATES cold and snow though, but lots of folks love it.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                                Only reason I’d ever move there is to chase elk and muleys the entire season. Otherwise, Texas is home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Throw fly fishing in the summer into that mix and it's all the reason to go! I wish I would have got more serious about it before we had a kid. Because I would love to live in the mountains. Hopefully one day....

Comment

Working...
                                X