Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
    And for the record, the question that was asked was the following:

Regardless of the name of the school, how would you feel if your high school were to be renamed? Would you feel that a part of your history was taken from you?

They could go back and rename C.E. Ellison High School to Kayne West High School and I could literally care less. I know what school I went to and whatever they want to call it now means absolutely nothing to me. It wouldn't take any history away from me at all.
    I agree completely

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
      I only took one quote to post - there are more.

Telling people not to be offended, while getting offended at the same time when the discussion comes to making a change seems a little hypocritical.
      I tell you what, if you didn't have a picture of your feet in your avatar, I'd swear you didn't have any. I mean, you don't seem to stand for anything........other than, "au contraire". Those are your feet, right? Really weird!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
        I tell you what, if you didn't have a picture of your feet in your avatar, I'd swear you didn't have any. I mean, you don't seem to stand for anything........other than, "au contraire". Those are your feet, right? Really weird!
        I don't like to be told what I'm doing means something it doesn't.

I stand for folks to be able to believe differently than I do, without being personally attacked for it.

I stand for my Family and Friends when they need me to do what I need to do in order to make them smile and be happy. When they stop smiling and being happy, I try and fix it.

Comment

I don't like to be told what I'm doing means something it doesn't.

I stand for folks to be able to believe differently than I do, without being personally attacked for it.

I stand for my Family and Friends when they need me to do what I need to do in order to make them smile and be happy. When they stop smiling and being happy, I try and fix it.
          I still think the avatar would be more appropriate if you were wearing flip flops.

Speaking of, you still haven't answered that question in post #46.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
            I still think the avatar would be more appropriate if you were wearing flip flops.

Speaking of, you still haven't answered that question in post #46.
            Id be perfectly happy for them to take down the entire Democratic party.

I dont believe they have any official documents referencing their ties to slavery, but we can get rid of them anyways for their founding policies that are constantly glanced over today.

Comment

Easy to spot the folks eat up with the white guilt.

Comment

If you dont want to see a difference, then that's up to you.

Individual acts as opposed to an entire system representation of oppression are different to most.
                You do realize that the South fought for State's rights, don't you? They didn't start a war over slavery, that's how the North spun it. There were slaves in Northern states before and during the war.

Comment

And maybe less than 1% of the Army itself owned slaves, but that's not representation of the entire population of the South.
                  Yea, I'm pretty sure that it is. The 1%(wealthy) owned slaves. The majority picked their own cotton on their 40 acres they homesteaded.

Comment

All this person wants is to be able to thump his chest in front of his friends and say "I was the one that got that changed"...The left wing nut jobs have got to quit projecting today's ethics, morals, and laws on to things that happened 100, 200, 300 years ago when what they are protesting about now was legal. Next time a black person wants to throw slavery reparations in your face just bring up the fact that it was generally one African tribe that captured members of other African tribes and sold them to the white slave traders. And let them go protest slavery in other countries where it is still going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                      The fact is that Human history/existence is a brutal, bloody, painful thing. If you actually took a look back in history in an attempt to remove anything related to atrocities or that may offend some group of people, you would literally be left with nothing.

This is why the question "where does it stop" is so valid here.

Another fact is that history has been so twisted it's not even accurate anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

Another fact is that history has been so twisted it's not even accurate anymore.

True. We have to sanitize it for the snowflakes so they don’t get their little feewings hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I wonder if 20 years from now everyone will say minorities had no chance in the 2010's
                          All welfare, affirmative action, etc will never be mentioned. They were all pulled over ny LEO and tased at random.

Comment

After almost a year, the school board held a meeting last night. There was a motion for the board to vote but there wasn't a second to the motion.

No second = no vote

The name will not be changed

After almost a year of public discussion and debate, the name of Robert E. Lee High School will remain, as trustees declined to vote on the matter Monday.

Comment

Good News!! ....except to the self loathing whities on here!

Comment

[QUOTE=Tubby;13533284]After almost a year, the school board held a meeting last night. There was a motion for the board to vote but there wasn't a second to the motion.

No second = no vote

The name will not be changed

https://tylerpaper.com/news/local/ty...6e6ba7d7c.html[/QUOTE

Finally a WIN.. For now anyway..

They wont stop..

Comment

Working...
                                X