No announcement yet.

Famous Encounters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in Vegas a few weeks ago on a Tuesday, Walk into Caesars and sit down at a roulette table. Look over and I recognize someone....Mathew McConaughey is at the table next to us playing blackjack by himself. He sat there for maybe an hour, didn't talk to him but he was having a great time. 30 min later I walk over to a craps table to talk to a buddy and he is standing next to Bruce Willis shooting dice. Said he lost $20k in about 10 min.

The funniest part of the trip was we walked into the sports book at Mandalay and Pete Rose is sitting there....betting on baseball.

I've met some celebrities over the years but I'm not the kind of person to take pictures of them or even talk to them unless they talk to me first. I give people their privacy

Comment

I met Waylon Jennings once while working as a flagger for a local cropduster. Didn't have a lot of time to interact, but He seemed like a regular guy, just wanted to know what I was doing!

Comment

Had shots and drinks with Jerrod Neimann two different times working security at his concerts cool guy !! A lot of them aren’t aka Randy Rogers Pat green to name a few ! Randy was alright the 1st time I met him and the last but the two between he was kinda of a jack must of had bad days those days ! Kevin fowler is cool so is Wade Bowen !!

Comment

I was recently at a track meet in the DFW area & was sitting next to Heisman trophy winner/NFL player Tim Brown...nice guy

Comment

Met Colorado Buck and his wife at the Cattle Raisers in SA last year.

Comment

Earl Campbell
              Roger Staubach
              Troy Aikman
              Charlie Waters
              Walt Garrison
              Sammy Sosa A-- Hole
              Darrin Woodson
              Billy Joe Dupree
              Eric Holder
              Larry Weishun? Spelling
              Cowboy Troy
              Deion Sanders
              All I can think of for now

Comment

I walked in to the Mint Bar in Sheridan, Wyoming one afternoon back in 1985 and there was Chris LeDoux and some local sitting in the back, playing guitars and shooting the breeze. They were the only two people there. I talked with them a bit and they invited me to join them. It was a pretty cool deal.
                I spent about a week working beside Darrell Winfield, THE Marlboro Man. He had some stories.

Comment

Many can probably say they "almost" met Willie, but I can say I met Almost Willie....

Comment

I sat at Chuck Norris’s table and shot the **** with him and his wife. He looked very good for his age and his wife is beautiful.

Comment

JJ Watt was in my way at HEB in Pearland a couple of years ago. He is a BIG man, especially from 3 feet away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Famous Encounters

Originally posted by Mann Eye-Ashley View Post
                        I know this is extraordinarily impressive, but Gary Busey had the privilege of dancing with me in Vegas. That's his body guard to the left. What a win...!

Fify [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

ran into Marcus Luttrell last week in tomball/waller area. He was buying weedeater string and it wasn't the cheap kind.

Comment

We ran into Jim Shockey at the Dallas Safari Club Convention a few months ago. He was very personable and even stopped what he was doing to pose with my two grandsons.

Also ran into Jerry Jones coming out of the john at Highland Park football stadium last season. He was there watching his grandson quarterback for the HP Scots on their way to the state championship.

Comment

Hung out with Darrell Royal a few times and watched college football at his house. Also met a lot of his celebrity friends like Willie Nelson, Matthew McConaughey, Mack Brown, Tommy Nobis, etc. when Caritas of Austin recognized Darrell and his wife Edith.

Met John Glenn when he was training for his space shuttle flight

Ran into a lot of celebrities in Austin. Denzel Washington and Sandra Bullock probably my favorite two. Sandra was at the table next to me at Antone's when she was dating the singer for the scabs.
                              I tried to buy her and her friends a drink but they declined. Denzel at the table next to me at Catz after a late night on 6th Street.

Met George W Bush when he was governor and maybe 2 months before he announced that he was running for president.

Met Bill Clinton when he visited the building I was in at NASA.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                                Hung out with Darrell Royal a few times and watched college football at his house. Also met a lot of his celebrity friends like Willie Nelson, Matthew McConaughey, Mack Brown, Tommy Nobis, etc. when Caritas of Austin recognized Darrell and his wife Edith.

Met John Glenn when he was training for his space shuttle flight

Ran into a lot of celebrities in Austin. Denzel Washington and Sandra Bullock probably my favorite two. Sandra was at the table next to me at Antone's when she was dating the singer for the scabs.

I tried to buy her and her friends a drink but they declined. Denzel at the table next to me at Catz after a late night on 6th Street.

Met George W Bush when he was governor and maybe 2 months before he announced that he was running for president.

Met Bill Clinton when he visited the building I was in at NASA.

Were you wearing a blue dress?

Comment

Working...
                                X