No announcement yet.

Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way, thats one of the nicest hematite axes I have seen.

By the way, Im GarGuy because i kill gar bigger than deer every year.
    Last edited by GarGuy; 02-17-2018, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Thanks,
      That is one fine collection you have there.

Interesting, any threads on the gar hunts, if I do a search?
      Last edited by bukkskin; 02-17-2018, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Where’s the gar thread?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
          Hey Garguy,
          Why is your name not BigEastTexasBuckguy or EastTexasartifactguy?
          Here is a tomahawk head that my dad found in the Brazos river about 70 yrs ago.
          Thought you might like it.
          Just a hunch but I'll bet that axe head was made somewhere northeast of here and possibly traded. Don't see many of those in Texas but they find a bunch of them along the Mississippi. Very nice and well made. Simply a work of art.

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
            Here is my favorite piece that I have ever had the pleasure to dig up.
            What do you think it is? I think it is just a big spear point, every one else thinks it is a ceremonial piece.
            Oh, and by the way, I am envious of the corner tangs that you have found.:
            That's a Friday Blade. Super nice!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              Its a knife blade. Either kinney or Covington. Middle archaic. Not ceremonial but its early stage.
              Just an FYI, Kinneys will have a concave base and Covingtons will have a rounded base. Fridays are square.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                Just a hunch but I'll bet that axe head was made somewhere northeast of here and possibly traded. Don't see many of those in Texas but they find a bunch of them along the Mississippi. Very nice and well made. Simply a work of art.
                Hematite axes are generally from east tx. They are pretty rare though. Thats a nice one.

friday is a good call on the archaic blade. Could call it a darl too. At any rate, they are basically the same age. Very nice and slightly used example.

Comment

Originally posted by ethic1 View Post
                  Where’s the gar thread?!

GarGuy On Fire on The Might Trinity by Johnny is one you might look at. There are a bunch from a few years ago. i kinda quit posting them the last couple years.

Comment

Thanks! Searching now!

Comment

A came across a decent camp last summer and pulling some blades out of it. Can't wait till it warms up a bit so I can get back after it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Most of those look OLD Johnny..

Comment

I just spent the last two days reading through all 98 pages. Talk about incredible!!
                          Thanks so much for sharing this. I am absolutely fascinated now.

Comment

Originally posted by Snacks View Post
                            I just spent the last two days reading through all 98 pages. Talk about incredible!!
                            Thanks so much for sharing this. I am absolutely fascinated now.
                            This thread has ruined alot of guys. Every fence post I've set since reading this thread started out as a test hole hoping to find a arrow head.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                              This thread has ruined alot of guys. Every fence post I've set since reading this thread started out as a test hole hoping to find a arrow head.

Hoggslayer
                              I can see why. I dreamed of arrowheads last night. Didn't even know that was possible...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                                A came across a decent camp last summer and pulling some blades out of it. Can't wait till it warms up a bit so I can get back after it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                                Great finds Johnny. Those blades are perfect. Can't wait to see what you find there this spring. Get to digging!

Comment

Working...
                                X