IRS targets Tea Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS targets Tea Party

A federal appeals court spanked the IRS Tuesday, saying it has taken laws designed to protect taxpayers from the government and turned them on their head, using them to try to protect the tax agency from the very tea party groups it targeted.

I had a former business partner get audited, theoretically after donating to the Tea Party, and then I got audited for being his partner...They ended owing him and I got hassled for sure and had to pay for my accountants time.

Anyone else have a similar experience? I know this article refers to non-profit establishments...but Im talking about gents that donated to the Tea Party then I believe then got audited.

Never specifically donated a single dime to the Tea Party.
    But, I like many small business owners donate to both sides of the BS political game. A coalition of citizens (biz owners, co-ops, etc) are paying for future access to whomever gets the seat on a county/state or national level.
    I also serve on 3 political action committee's for organizations I have membership or advisory roles within. (was on capitol hill 2 weeks ago and again in May) Bottom line, I get hit EVERY year. It is the system.......... period. Some variation of the FLAT tax eliminates the mass majority of the non-sense we "theoretically think" or in some cases we know is happening from a bloated system.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      Never specifically donated a single dime to the Tea Party.
      But, I like many small business owners donate to both sides of the BS political game. A coalition of citizens (biz owners, co-ops, etc) are paying for future access to whomever gets the seat on a county/state or national level.
      I also serve on 3 political action committee's for organizations I have membership or advisory roles within. (was on capitol hill 2 weeks ago and again in May) Bottom line, I get hit EVERY year. It is the system.......... period. Some variation of the FLAT tax eliminates the mass majority of the non-sense we "theoretically think" or in some cases we know is happening from a bloated system.
      amazing...you are one busy hombre!!

Comment

Originally posted by mjbtexas View Post
        amazing...you are one busy hombre!!
        I was told while working at corporate HQ many years ago in New Jersey, "be engaged or you are just peeing in the wind!"[emoji6] In other words, complaining and echoing talk radio won't change nothing......but it feels good.[emoji3]

Comment

Working...
        X