Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union leg breakers going after Trump supporters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
    Not sure what a union leg breaker is? Maybe you have come across one recently? Please fill me in if you have. Now, I will guide you to the meat of this story. If. And, I say if this story is accurate. These ads will be run due to one reason. Many union members are backing Trump. I personally sat next to the vice president of one of the largest unions last week while at a conference in Pittsburgh. A poll was taken around the table as to who each chairman thought most of their memberships were backing. From Tx to Ohio and Kentucky. Just about everyone said Trump. I am sure the democrats are very concerned over this. And, they are probably pushing the AFL-CIO to run the ads.
    If most of the membership likes Trump or any one other than a democrat why dont the unions ran ads for them?

Comment

Considering Trumps past it is a little puzzling that Union members would support him. It is actually refreshing that people would vote their conscience and not just fall in line to what they are supposed to do. (I mean that as a general statement, because it certainly does not apply to only union members.)

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        If most of the membership likes Trump or any one other than a democrat why dont the unions ran ads for them?

oh, snap !

drops mike, exist stage right...

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
          Considering Trumps past it is a little puzzling that Union members would support him. It is actually refreshing that people would vote their conscience and not just fall in line to what they are supposed to do. (I mean that as a general statement, because it certainly does not apply to only union members.)
          A lot of things about Trump and his support are puzzling. This is a strange, strange election

Comment

On the surface the dems say they aren't scared of Trump, as they'll throw out Billary v Trump has her winning nationally, so why would the left try to get people to not vote for Trump? Well, I think in their heart of hearts they know she's a loser, liar, and when the spotlight really starts shining on her she'll become that shrill barking dog like she demonstrated at that rally. Parties only go after people they are afraid of, and it appears they are extremely afraid of Trump for some reason.

The ads this year should be very entertaining at least

Comment

It's not surprising that Union workers and Blue Collar Dems are supporting Trump. His campaign rhetoric is very attractive to them about bringing jobs back, massive tariffs on imports, building the wall, deporting illegals here already. He has managed to craft the perception that he is for the worker, the little guy. They are going to be really disappointed if he becomes President when he turns out not to actually believe any of that crap, but they fell for it hook, line and sinker. After being told repeatedly that they were swallowing a big fat lie.

By the way, Democrat voters are absolutely putting Trump over the top in many states that have OPEN voting where Democrats can crossover and vote for him, and are, in large numbers. In the 13 CLOSED voting states that have voted, where only Republicans can vote, Cruz's avg. % take of the vote is 35% and Trump's is 31%. If you're a Republican and you're good with Democrats deciding who the Republican nominee should be, then you must be pretty happy right now, because that is exactly what is happening. More Republicans are voting for Cruz, not Trump.

Comment

Why should they? He is kicking everyone's butt right now.

Kicks mike off stage. Exits left.
                Last edited by Bayouboy; 03-18-2016, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Flournoy View Post
                  It's not surprising that Union workers and Blue Collar Dems are supporting Trump. His campaign rhetoric is very attractive to them about bringing jobs back, massive tariffs on imports, building the wall, deporting illegals here already. He has managed to craft the perception that he is for the worker, the little guy. They are going to be really disappointed if he becomes President when he turns out not to actually believe any of that crap, but they fell for it hook, line and sinker. After being told repeatedly that they were swallowing a big fat lie.

By the way, Democrat voters are absolutely putting Trump over the top in many states that have OPEN voting where Democrats can crossover and vote for him, and are, in large numbers. In the 13 CLOSED voting states that have voted, where only Republicans can vote, Cruz's avg. % take of the vote is 35% and Trump's is 31%. If you're a Republican and you're good with Democrats deciding who the Republican nominee should be, then you must be pretty happy right now, because that is exactly what is happening. More Republicans are voting for Cruz, not Trump.
                  I think people are going to learn quicker than that. Just wait till the general if Trump is the nominee. He's gonna take a real hard turn to the moderate stance. Or, maybe I'm wrong. Who the heck knows...

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post

Why should they? He is kicking everyone's butt right now.

Kicks mike off stage. Exits left.
                    Of course you understand the point to be made is
                    Why not spend those advertising dollars on the candidate that best represents the memberships choice or not spend the money at all?

It seems like a waste to me to spend a bunch of money on ads for a candidate the membership does not like or believe in.
                    Of course I know the answer to my questions...and you do as well.
                    The leadership do not believe the members are smart enough to back the correct candidate

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
                      I think people are going to learn quicker than that. Just wait till the general if Trump is the nominee. He's gonna take a real hard turn to the moderate stance. Or, maybe I'm wrong. Who the heck knows...
                      He's ALREADY taking a hard turn towards the center before he even has the nomination. Talking at the last debate about how he's going to be "flexible" on things.

Comment

The word "wall" can mean many things....such a broad term.

Comment

IMO if the Union movement had as much power as the news published and the Union national leaders would like you to think we would they could possibly have a voice. The national leaders of the union do not represent the average union worker in their political views IMO. Then you could say why don't the average members take things back? Well it's not that simple as in any business. At the national level the union is a business as well and there lies one of the problems also. And yes I worked in a union facilities for 36 years.

Comment

Of course you understand the point to be made is
                            Why not spend those advertising dollars on the candidate that best represents the memberships choice or not spend the money at all?

It seems like a waste to me to spend a bunch of money on ads for a candidate the membership does not like or believe in.
                            Of course I know the answer to my questions...and you do as well.
                            The leadership do not believe the members are smart enough to back the correct candidate
                            My thoughts are that over the years membership has decided to make their own choices when it comes time to vote. I have stated on here multiple times that the majority of the union members I know are conservative. The problem is... For the biggest part of the last 20+ years the republicans in office have been just as bad as the democrats.

So, it really does not matter who the high brass promotes. The dues paying members will make their own decision. I am a member of the U S W. I have not seen anything yet on who they support. They may wait until there is a fairly good indication on who will win then jump in and back that candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                              IMO if the Union movement had as much power as the news published and the Union national leaders would like you to think we would they could possibly have a voice. The national leaders of the union do not represent the average union worker in their political views IMO. Then you could say why don't the average members take things back? Well it's not that simple as in any business. At the national level the union is a business as well and there lies one of the problems also. And yes I worked in a union facilities for 36 years.
                              Very true. I have very little time to concern myself with what happens at the top. My main concern that keeps me busy 100% of the time is the local membership I represent.

Comment

There is no way trump is going to help the average working person but yes he is saying what people want to hear. Hopefully he will act on these matters and we definitely don't need any of the democratic side nominees that are in place.

Comment

Working...
                                X