SCOTUS: Obama, HRC or Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCOTUS: Obama, HRC or Trump

Those are your choices of who you want to pick the next SCOTUS justice.

I'm sure if it is up to Trump he will lean on advice from his sister on whom he should nominate.

Neither....

Comment

D: None of the above

Comment

We really need to get away from lifetime appointments and any appointing at all for that matter. Let the people decide and by those I mean that have skin in the game. If your "property" and "income" come in the form of govt assistance than you have no skin in the game and should not be eligible to vote for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
          We really need to get away from lifetime appointments and any appointing at all for that matter. Let the people decide and by those I mean that have skin in the game. If your "property" and "income" come in the form of govt assistance than you have no skin in the game and should not be eligible to vote for anything.
          Agreed. Also I do like the idea that is shown in the movie starship troopers. Lol as corny as a movie it was, their society was set up legit. You were a civilian and if you served in their armed forces or actually contributed to the community you became a citizen and could vote and have a say in decision making.

Like you said, all these folks who make a living off of freeloading from the government should not have a say in how money and tax is used/collected etc. they aren't the ones paying for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
            Agreed. Also I do like the idea that is shown in the movie starship troopers. Lol as corny as a movie it was, their society was set up legit. You were a civilian and if you served in their armed forces or actually contributed to the community you became a citizen and could vote and have a say in decision making.

Like you said, all these folks who make a living off of freeloading from the government should not have a say in how money and tax is used/collected etc. they aren't the ones paying for it.
            "Lets go kill some bugs!"

Comment

Originally posted by j sweet View Post
              we really need to get away from lifetime appointments and any appointing at all for that matter. Let the people decide and by those i mean that have skin in the game. If your "property" and "income" come in the form of govt assistance than you have no skin in the game and should not be eligible to vote for anything.
              x100000000000000

Comment

Yep, I love that movie and my wife hates it.

Comment

How many out of work oil+gas workers won't be able to vote this November using your rules?

College kids that don't have jobs won't be able to vote?

Comment

Well this day and age college kids are too stupid to be voting.

Want to vote - get a job - any job.

I don't consider unemployment insurance as being on the govt dole since it is paid in part by your employer and is temporary. Benefits are generally paid by state governments, funded in large part by state and federal payroll taxes levied against employers, to workers who have become unemployed through no fault of their own.
                    Last edited by muzzlebrake; 03-17-2016, 12:27 PM.

Comment

How uninformed or brainwashed can people be?
                      Welfare Queens and illegal aliens don't pass laws or shape them.
                      There are a handful of powerful people that do that.
                      Koch brothers
                      George Soros
                      Bill Gates
                      Sheldon Adelson

are a few to name.

Here in Texas, why can't I be paid a couple million dollars in oil royalties owed to my family because I find out about it more than four years since the oil company shorted us?

No illegal alien or welfare queen had anything to do with that. BP, Shell and Etc lobbyists had everything to do with that.
                      Corruption!

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                        How many out of work oil+gas workers won't be able to vote this November using your rules?

College kids that don't have jobs won't be able to vote?
                        Why wouldn't they? Did they decide to go on welfare and move into the projects?

Do these college kids not have jobs? Are they also on welfare and living in the projects?

Comment

Allowing the people to decide who has final say in laws and liberties based on the Constitution, is a horrible idea IMO. The reason I say that is because the process of "the people" choosing whom they want as a candidate for president is proving to be a sham by the GOP.

"The people" including those who are educated and have jobs do not know enough about law, judges, and/or judges careers to decide which would best for thier interests. You think we have some "low information" voters now for President, imagine the confusion and chaos if some off the wall small circuit judge from Podunk USA were to throw their hat into the ring.

The majority of law makers are students of law, and theoretically should be the most informed about who could or would interpret the law most clearly and unbiased. presidents appoint Justices to hopefully help them shape the direction they think our country needs to go to remain powerful and prosperous. And sadly no part of that process is immune to the sway of the almighty dollar.

President Obama has made his selection. Now it is up to the process, which has worked just fine for 100+ previous justices, to take effect. If their in no appointment approved, then it will be up to the next president to do the same. It is a good way to select a Justice. Has worked fine for a very long while, and if the roles were reversed, conservatives would be screaming at the top of their lungs to allow the sitting president(R of course) choose the replacement.

Don't let your dislike for one man(current president) cloud your opinion of the process.

Comment

Why wouldn't they? Did they decide to go on welfare and move into the projects?

Do these college kids not have jobs? Are they also on welfare and living in the projects?
                            Why the assumption that the majority of welfare patrons live in the projects? Most of them live 4 families to a house in newer neighborhoods. Please stop with the unnecessary stereotyping. It doesn't help your argument.

Comment

nvm
                              Last edited by mjbtexas; 03-17-2016, 02:48 PM. Reason: nvm

Comment

Working...
                              X