No announcement yet.

Minimum Acres to Hunt??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the neighbor has no problem with you retrieving anything you shoot that gets off of you then get after it

Don't imagine they will appreciate you killing 5 deer off of 2ac but maybe they don't like deer and want you to kill all you can

I would be talking to them before I did anything

Comment

I couldn’t imagine shooting a backyard buck no matter how big. I would just enjoy seeing them regularly

Comment

10 acres is the minimum.

Comment

5 is all it takes to kill a State record, oh need a flash light too.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
            I couldn’t imagine shooting a backyard buck no matter how big. I would just enjoy seeing them regularly
            What?

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
              10 acres is the minimum.
              Says who? The state does not have a minimum for bow hunting, it is left up to the county to decide.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenkins8PT View Post
                this would be in Liberty county, I actually just got off the phone with the local Game Warden, she instated that the state does not have a minimum but liberty county has a 10 acre minimum on firearms and no minimum on bow you just have to get with your neighbors for permission on crossing property lines.
                Document that call.

Comment

Commissioners court set the 10 acre minimum. Check with your county clerk. Look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                    This was awesome.
                    Well, we are used to what a kill looks like. I could imagine their grief.

Here is a similar story. In Missouri, my cousins and a few friends (4 total). They went hunting Canada geese on a sandbar on a local river. The plan was to intercept the geese as they came in for the evening. Well, the geese came in as they usually did say 4 o'clock, and they blasted them. And commonly with goose hunting, you have a few that sail off wounded. A few went pretty close to a bar that was in eye shot of the sandbar, and the folks there were outraged. I wish that had that filmed, the actual story is priceless.

Comment

I know for a while there was a movement to ban firearm discharge in the Kerrville city limits.
                      That got defeated. Provided you are a responsible individual. Most neighbors will be on board with your plans. Small parcels hold big deer.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                        What?
                        Just me. I have a great place to hunt but would never consider shooting a deer that comes up behind the house. My folks have two 10s and a 12 (two drop tines) that he feeds twice a day. They’re relaxing and enjoyable to watch.

Comment

While it’s probably perfectly legal, I think you are opening yourself up to issues. There’s a pretty decent chance your deer will cross property lines after the shot. I live on 10-11 acres and still have had one cross. Nothing but non hunted pasture land around here so I just have to ask the neighboring landowner. But not everyone may be kind enough to let you retrieve your deer

Comment

Working...
                          X