I need current Guadalupe River info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need current Guadalupe River info

I haven’t been to the Guadalupe River in years especially since all the new regulations. Can someone please give me insight on the rules. Or info to where the least restrictions are in the area . Has anyone been lately to know the flow rate or is it Stagnant.

Fishing regulations?

Comment

Google

Comment

Was there last weekend. Flow is down right now. By regulations are talking can ban or fishing? Can ban is in the city so not an issue on the guad where most float.

Comment

We were there 2 weeks ago. The upper part of the Guadalupe (the long float) was too low to float but from gruene down was ok. The can ban is in effect though, so no disposable containers allowed below the gruene bridge

Comment

I'll be there this weekend...

Comment

We went last Saturday and left on Tuesday. River is pretty much stagnant at around 60 CFS. Ok to lounge around in, but that's about it. Although you can float some of the deeper areas, it's slow as can be. A few people in our party did a half mile float that took 3 hours. You almost need someone to pull you along. The fishing is still decent in the deeper areas though.

This was the first time I had stayed on River road in like 10 years. I could not believe the amount of people down there on Saturday; never seen so many tents and campers lined up on River road. Sunday through Tuesday were much better. Probably 50% of the Saturday crowd bailed on Sunday morning. If we go again, it will be a Sunday through mid-week trip.

I can't imagine what the Comal looked like on Saturday. However, I'm sure it would have at least been bearable on Sunday or Monday.

As stated, can ban in effect for city limits, which is only the Gruene float into town or the entire Comal. Anything above Gruene is fine. I think the other limitations are no glass and no plastic containers smaller than 6 ounces or close to that.

Comment

Anyone been to the horseshoe? What’s the water flowing like on that part? We’re heading up there Sunday.

Comment

Very slow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sorry I was meaning can ban/ alcohol and cooler regulations

Comment

Working...
                    X