No announcement yet.

Trump's Influence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And this is exactly why this country is in trouble. What does our vote matter if the direction can be changed?

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      Don't lose sleep.. Trump will not be the potus.
      The establishment will hand it to Hitlary on a golden platter before they allow an outsider to come in and bust up their corrupt club. To much money for them to make yet...
      He will never see the Oval Office.

It will remain "business as usual"
      That's the response I figured you'd say, and why I do lose sleep at night. Thank you for the response sir.

Comment

Originally posted by ETXBow View Post
        And this is exactly why this country is in trouble. What does our vote matter if the direction can be changed?
        It really doesn't matter when you get right down to it.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
          I was reading somewhere last night that his influence, combined with the "anger" from the electorate, has so far resulted in the largest voter turnout through the primary in our country's election history... including the Reagan landslide era.

It is obvious the left can see what's coming, and end to their reign of terror and influence. And over the next several years, and end to their institutions.
          Voter numbers on the Republican side have risen significantly at the same time that voter numbers have dropped significantly on the Democrat side.

I think there's 2 reasons for that. For starters, Trump is getting way more Democrat crossover votes in Open states than anyone realizes (a county by county look in Open states shows a corresponding rise on the GOP side where there was a significant drop on the Dem side). Secondly, Cruz is galvanizing a lot of anti-Trump voters. Cruz is losing a lot of the Open states to Trump (because of Democrat voters) that Santorum won against Romney in 2012, yet in some of those states Cruz is actually getting MORE raw votes while losing than Santorum got in 2012 while winning.

Also, if you really, honestly believe that Trump is going to "end" anything that is part of the status quo in D.C., if he becomes President, that is some pretty whimsical thinking. Why would he end something that he has been an integral part of supporting and enabling for so many years? Any other person who had donated thousands of dollars to Pelosi, Reid, Hillary, Schumer, Kerry, Cuomo, Rahm Emanuel, and the Democrat Party, etc., would be rightly labeled an Establishment, Insider type figure. Yet because it's Trump, the rules are somehow different. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
            You may be right. I am basing my conclusion on the venom I've observed from a lot of conservatives who put the blame for failed government almost solely on the Democratic Party. They are angry at the GOP, though it seems what they are most angry about is the lack of emphasis on conservative values.
            I'm certainly not in that camp. I've been ripping the GOP for a long time for not representing their constituents and for just being a slightly slower version of the Democrats when it comes to taking away our Freedoms.

The difference between Trump supporters and Cruz supporters is the difference between the French Revolution and the American Revolution. Trump supporters are aggrieved and are saying "SCREW YOU" and want to burn everything down and think that Trump is just the man to do it. Which is laughable since he's an integral part of the system they want to burn to the ground. It would be like the Jacobins rallying behind Louis XVI if he condemned the excesses of the French Government and Aristocrats and said "we're" going to take "our" Freedoms back. Even though he was a huge contributor to their grievances in the first place.

Cruz supporters just want their Liberties and Constitutional Freedoms back and for Government to be limited and to work again like the Founding Fathers intended for it to.

Trump supporters want vengeance against "the man" they think has been sticking it to them all these years.

If one is willing to admit it, there is a lot of latent "class" grievance wound up in a lot of Trump supporters. Which is an excellent explanation for why his perceived message is turning out a lot of Democrat voters. Unfortunately for those voters, they've swallowed Trump's lie hook, line and sinker. Trump is only for himself, he doesn't give a darn about the little guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
              I think the real phenomenon that is Trump is his ability to polarize the masses.... It seems that there is no middle ground where Trump is concerned and I don't think that is or was Trumps intention.

I know people on both sides and I haven't been able to discern the cause of the abject hatred or love for the man. When I ask those who dislike and distrust the man, why they feel that way, the answer is pretty much always the same. And when I ask the other side why they love him so much, it is amazing that their answer is a polar opposite.

You would think that in a normal world there would be those who dislike him, but don't foam at the mouth upon hearing his name.... but I haven't found any...
              Our current POTUS come to mind

Comment

The support of Donald Trump is pretty puzzling to me. How can you believe anything he says politically?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Donald Trump telling all the love he has for Hillary ClintonSource: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/29/donald-trump-hillary-clinton_n_1387680.html

And don't tell me that Ronald Reagan used to be a democrat too. Ronald Reagan was a republican a long time before he ran for President. And Reagan never endorsed Jimmy Carter!!!

Comment

The support of Donald Trump is pretty puzzling to me. How can you believe anything he says politically?
                  I saw a great article today talking about what a talented Con Man Trump is. It said that one mark of a very talented Con Man is his ability to lie with absolute confidence. His lies are told with such self-assured confidence that any normal human being would believe them, because they wouldn't think it possible that another human being could lie with such conviction.

Trump does lie with absolute confidence. And then when he is called on his original lie, he lies about his original lie, and again does it with absolute confidence, not missing a beat.

I saw an article the other day and it quoted someone who worked in the New York City Mayor's office who had had dealings with Trump. He said, quote:"I wouldn't believe Donald Trump if his tongue was notarized!"

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Flournoy View Post
                    I'm certainly not in that camp. I've been ripping the GOP for a long time for not representing their constituents and for just being a slightly slower version of the Democrats when it comes to taking away our Freedoms.

The difference between Trump supporters and Cruz supporters is the difference between the French Revolution and the American Revolution. Trump supporters are aggrieved and are saying "SCREW YOU" and want to burn everything down and think that Trump is just the man to do it. Which is laughable since he's an integral part of the system they want to burn to the ground. It would be like the Jacobins rallying behind Louis XVI if he condemned the excesses of the French Government and Aristocrats and said "we're" going to take "our" Freedoms back. Even though he was a huge contributor to their grievances in the first place.

Cruz supporters just want their Liberties and Constitutional Freedoms back and for Government to be limited and to work again like the Founding Fathers intended for it to.

Trump supporters want vengeance against "the man" they think has been sticking it to them all these years.

If one is willing to admit it, there is a lot of latent "class" grievance wound up in a lot of Trump supporters. Which is an excellent explanation for why his perceived message is turning out a lot of Democrat voters. Unfortunately for those voters, they've swallowed Trump's lie hook, line and sinker. Trump is only for himself, he doesn't give a darn about the little guy.
                    Wow. It is hard to respond to this without it looking like a personal attack and which I don't mean it to be. Arrogance and willful ignorance - their literal definitions - pretty much sum it up though.

We all have our observations of what drives people to support their candidates and we only know for sure our own and what those we trust tell us about theirs. Personally, I don't begrudge anyone's support of their candidate except those who support Hillary - and that is on me as I just can't accept that any who values honesty and integrity could ever support her.

Of the many folks I know and have talked to about the 2016 election, about 60% have been pro-Trump, 30% Cruz and 10% other. I haven't talked to a single woman who was for Cruz, by the way. The common thread for those supporting Trump was their perception that the government operates more for the benefit of those who fund their staying in power than it does for them. For the Cruz supporters, it was a belief that the many problems we are facing are a direct result of moving too far to the left and we need a constitutional conservative to bring it back. Nothing dishonorable about either.

While I do agree that the country has moved too far to the left, I am curious as to what liberties and constitutional freedoms you have lost? And who is "the man" and who is burning things up and where is this happening ?

I guess I just don't understand why folks need to demean the supporters of other candidates to rationalize their own support.

Comment

Another youtube video that is pretty much Trump's own words.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.

I guess I just don't get it. Seems like a loose cannon, what are you voting for when you vote for Trump?

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
                        Another youtube video that is pretty much Trump's own words.

I guess I just don't get it. Seems like a loose cannon, what are you voting for when you vote for Trump?
                        Hatred of PC and measured words are his biggest draw, along with sounding more like an everyday man in his tempo and speech pattern. He doesnt sound educated by ivy league schools, with phrases like " itll be really really beautiful."

When it is all said and done, if elected, he will be a moderate with similar outcome as hillary.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                          Hatred of PC and measured words are his biggest draw, along with sounding more like an everyday man in his tempo and speech pattern. He doesnt sound educated by ivy league schools, with phrases like " itll be really really beautiful."

When it is all said and done, if elected, he will be a moderate with similar outcome as hillary.
                          Which is ironic because he brags about being ivy league educated and how he knows words, so many great words

Comment

I've been trying to understand the Trump phenomenon for a while now and maybe it is simpler than we think.
                            Elected leadership moves right - rich get richer and poor get poorer
                            Elected leadership moves left - rich get richer and poor get poorer
                            Elected leadership moves right - rich get richer and poor get poorer
                            Elected leadership moves left - rich get richer and poor get poorer

The net result for an increasing number of folks is that they have no voice because politicians work for the rich.

Trump spoke to them. Conservatism over liberalism? Big whoop, we're fighting just to have an American dream much less live it. Big government, small government....whatever. We just want a government that works for us.

What may have cemented their support was his own party trying to run him out of the election. As for his supporters non-reaction to a lot of Trump's inappropriate comments, the only thing I can think of is that they prefer that over smooth talking politicians who they assume always lie anyway.

They are not going away, that is for sure. For now at least, I am more inclined to agree with them even if just for the purposes of giving the system a swift kick in the _ _ _ to remind them who they are supposed to be working for.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                              I agree and disagree with your premise. Your output is correct. The party and media are going ape ****; however, it's not Trumps ability to "deal". It's at best indirectly his doing. Rather it's the large number of people that support Trump that have those entities running scared. The input is the citizenry, not Trump.

"a deal" IMO is to get something for less than it's actual market value...the coverage and response he is getting is insane for the $. For having not really laid out any detail for any real strategy, its crazy the media coverage he is getting and voter turnout. If you think he hasnt planned or attempted to harvest the reaction, I think you are naive of the man. You dont turn 1mill into a few Bill by being stupid. He (as far as I can tell) isnt hiring the political marketing companies to be advised by and pay for. That one PAC spent 100K on Jeb...and trump's total out of pocket is some where in the ball park of 18-20Mill. Total. That's on heck of a deal to be leading in delegates the way he is. Love him or hate him....savy.

Comment

Working...
                              X