Shingles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shingles

Went to the doc today with rash on my back. Had it for about 3 days. I was hoping for heat rash, but doc diagnosed as shingles. So far no tremendous pain. I guess it can always get worse. Got me a 7 day anti viral prescription to take now. Any of yall had the unfortunate experience with this stuff?

My wife just had it. She was over it in a week.

My mother in law had it for two years but I think her doc is a quack.

Comment

Yes. Wish them on nobody!

Comment

Read that other thread. Sounds like most had real bad pain. I have it for 3 days, from the ways that sounded, its about to get worse. But the doc said, it usually starts out bad. Said maybe i'd be one of the lucky ones. I cant be that lucky.

Comment

I wish I could get the vaccine but you gotta be 50 is what Walgreens told me. I hope I don't get it in the next 14 months.

Comment

Had them on face next to my eye, at times the pain is very intense. And for some reason wind made it far worse. Shingles sux!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

sounds like you probably caught it early. ive had it 5-6 times I think, after talking to people it seems to effect everyone a little different. for me it always sort of had a tickle to it the first week or so, then the pain set in after that and it was unbearable. good luck with it

Comment

I just finished battling it for the last 7 weeks. Had it on my left shoulder down into my arm & hand. It was the worst pain that I ever had. The rash didn't bother me at all. It never itched or burned, but the nerve pain that went with it was excruciating. I think it affect everyone different and no 2 cases are the same. By the time my rash appeared, the severe pain had smoothed out to just a normal pain. Good Luck

Comment

Only been 3 days. Sounds like i have some not to fun of times ahead of me.

Comment

We used Owens Corning on our roof. Very pleased with them.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      I wish I could get the vaccine but you gotta be 50 is what Walgreens told me. I hope I don't get it in the next 14 months.

I asked my doctor about it a couple months ago, and he told me to wait till I was 60.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                        I asked my doctor about it a couple months ago, and he told me to wait till I was 60.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        I asked my doctor about getting the shot and he was pretty ambivalent about it.....he said it is about 50% effective...so without the shot you have a one in three chance of getting it and with the shot a one in six chance....I like one in six vs one in three.

Comment

There is a new vaccine out now called Shingrix and it is supposed to be 97% effective. You can get the shot at a pharmacy and they will schedule you for the 2nd shot in 3 to 6 months. I got the first shot yesterday and am scheduled for the second in 3 months. I have had shingles and do not want them again. Incidently I did not have to pay a co-pay. They say most insurance plans cover the shot but it would be wise to call your insurance first to see if they cover as they are expensive.

Comment

I had the shot a couple years ago but now they have a new one that is suppose to be more effective - heard the shot hurts like heck but I will get one - my Dad had shingles years ago and not pretty

Comment

Working...
                            X