Prayers and wish me luck !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers and wish me luck !

I dhot the biggest bck I have dver dhot snd seen on our place this sfternoon but it was not the best shot placement. Perfect behind the shoulder but low. The deer did not drop at the shot but he only went 20 yards snd stood for 5 minutes with blood running out if the exit hole and blood on the entrance side leg. He laid down very gently and laid his head down but raised it every once in a while to look at the 2 younger bucks that were in the feeder area when I shot and were stsnding in the srea lookng at him. He got up afetr laying for 5 mnutes or so snd moved 15 to 20 yards and laid down again. He tried to get up once but laid down again. After about 5 or 6 mnutes he git up, very slowly and walked into some thick brush after which I could not see him. I left the blnd as quietly as I could left everything in my stand and even left the windows open and the door ooen and left with only my release and binos. I am going back in the morning snd hopefully find him. It is clear with no wind and lows at or below freezing. Hopefully I find him in the thicket as he is only about 20 yads from our boundary fence but the way he was scting not sure he could jum a fence unless pushed. There is an entrance and exit hole so it is low but I am above where he was standing by about 5 or 6 feet. I did see blood running out of the exit, not just dripping.

Luck and prayers of his recovery would be appreciated. Hopefully good teport in the morning.

I bet you find him, especially if he was acting like that. Good on you for backing out and not pushing him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Up for ya

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Good luck! He probably didnt go much further.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

I think you find him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

I'm sure you'll find him!

Comment

By the way he is acting,I am feeling good about a quick recovery in the mourning.Good luck!

Comment

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have 2 people with dogs in Lubbock just in case. Hopefully I do not need them. People i am with said they could find him tonight but I do not want to risk pushng him. Been there snd done that with not so good results. In this case I think patience is a virtue.

Probably not much sleep tonight .

Comment

Good luck and I agree, wait untill morning to look.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                          I have 2 people with dogs in Lubbock just in case. Hopefully I do not need them. People i am with said they could find him tonight but I do not want to risk pushng him. Been there snd done that with not so good results. In this case I think patience is a virtue.

Probably not much sleep tonight .
                          Well it's going to be good and cold so should not be a problem

Comment

Good Luck on the recovery!

Comment

I have had that happen twice to me. I always aim at the heart and both of those times I hit the top of the heart but didnt do any damage to the arteries. It amazed me how long it took them to die as in about 10-15 minutes. Your description of blood pouring out of both holes is exactly what I saw. I was fortunate to be able to watch them both expire though. Im sure you will find him right there in the thicket in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X