Remington 700 Mountain Stainless 280 Remington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington 700 Mountain Stainless 280 Remington

Found a great deal on a brand new rifle- any one have a current version Mountain? Internet is 50/50 on experience with them, looking for first hand opinions. Thank you.

I have the limited edition model 700 CDL with the stainless fluted barrel and I love it! It is a true shooter and has plenty of stopping power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is this a good deal? Seems like it to me based on internet sale prices, but still looking for anyone with experience with the current version Mountain, specifically in 280. They had 1 in stock at Cabelas in FW, so I went ahead and put it on layaway pending a little more research not knowing how long the price would last.

Comment

The others on the net are running around $850 & up...it's a good deal, has a good stock & should shoot fine. I would likely skim bed the action & replace the trigger.

Comment

Replace the trigger and run it. Should shoot fine.
          The 280 I have is based somewhat on that model and it'll shoot.
          That a good deal also. If you ever decide you don't like the stock I would imagine it would be an easy offload if you "upgraded"

Comment

Light barrell will start spreading the groups after a couple of shots. My experience with sighting in.

Comment

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
              Light barrell will start spreading the groups after a couple of shots. My experience with sighting in.

This is true but only means that you have to allow sufficient cooling time between shots when sighting in. It can put 2-3 in the same group under rapid fire and that's all you will ever do hunting.

Comment

I have a mountain rifle in 260 Remington. It doesn’t start string until after 10-12 shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by crimson-talon View Post
                  I have the limited edition model 700 CDL with the stainless fluted barrel and I love it! It is a true shooter and has plenty of stopping power.

That is a beautiful rifle, that is my favorite look in a rifle.

Comment

have two . 25/06 and 260 rem. love `um

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar_HOYT View Post
                      That is a beautiful rifle, that is my favorite look in a rifle.

Thank you sir! She sure is a sweet shooter

Comment

I've got a new one in 7-08 but I've yet to shoot it. Topped it with a vx3i and put a timney in it. Sure hope its a shooter, as it'll be great to carry around the mountains.

Comment

I had an original Mountain Rifle in .270 that I bought in the early '90s, loved how it handled. Used it mostly in box blinds in South Texas but did take it on one Colorado elk hunt. It performed well, even out of the 22in barrel, but recoil (especially with handloads) was "robust". Kinda wish I still had it to re-barrel to .257 Roberts or 7x57 Mauser on the long action.

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Cottonfish View Post
                            I had an original Mountain Rifle in .270 that I bought in the early '90s, loved how it handled. Used it mostly in box blinds in South Texas but did take it on one Colorado elk hunt. It performed well, even out of the 22in barrel, but recoil (especially with handloads) was "robust". Kinda wish I still had it to re-barrel to .257 Roberts or 7x57 Mauser on the long action.

Stu

Still have my 1986 Mtn Rifle in 270 and it kicks harder than my 7 mag but I love how it handles!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                              Still have my 1986 Mtn Rifle in 270 and it kicks harder than my 7 mag but I love how it handles!
                              That's kind a why I'm looking at the Mountain rifle. My kids are going to the blind with me now, and in having to carry way more stuff with me (5 year old), so looking to save weight where I can, plus I've wanted a .280 for a while now.

Comment

Working...
                              X