Protein Feeder/Coon Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protein Feeder/Coon Problem

We put out this protein feeder a couple weeks ago and just got this picture from our land owner today. He said it looks like about 300 lbs of protein on the ground. There are cows in the pasture but we built a feed pen around it. Do you think coons are doing this. I won't be able to check my cameras until 6/8. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0138.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	25115295

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely.

Comment

I think its time for some paw traps and a 22 to the head of any coon you see.

That can get expensive REAL quick

Comment

I think you might be adding to the 'Coon Carnage' thread in the near future...

Comment

Yea but I haven't seen them spill that much before. The one's I have will eat what the deer spill before they climb up to get it.

Comment

Birds

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
              I think you might be adding to the 'Coon Carnage' thread in the near future...
              X2

Comment

Squerrils did this to my buddy's feeder also, same feeder as you. They sit in the funnel and dig for no reason. Throw you out some rat bait bars and that should eliminate that problem. For coons Outback has the coon deterrent mechanism you can bolt on to the spouts.
                Last edited by RMW; 05-22-2017, 03:24 PM.

Comment

By the hammer mechanism from Mike on here and it Will put a stop to that.

Comment

Black birds are bad about that too.

Comment

Ouch! Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Wow. Most likely coons. Did you mix corn in with the protein? That's about $80 of protein on the ground? Time to get some dukes coon traps!

Comment

I've had a dozen coons hanging on my feeder and never saw them do that.

Comment

I would increase the size of your lip, that will keep the protein from sliding out as easy and the deer still eat it no problem.

Comment

Tubes look low enough a Coon could reach on their back legs.

Hope it doesn't rain anytime soon

Comment

Working...
                              X