Dirt nap gear- DRTs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirt nap gear- DRTs

I did a search on here and came up with sporadic tidbits of info.
    My son starts his first year of bow hunting this year. I have been wanting to go to a COC head and now that my son will be with me in the woods with me. I'd like for us to shoot the same heads.
    If any of y'all have or do shoot them I'd like to know you thoughts. Please don't turn this into a this one's better than that one. I want to know about this head only.

Thank y'all and God bless

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I shoot the green and orange DRT's out of my recurve. I plan on getting 100gr next for my compound and crossbow.

Comment

I shoot these. I shoot the 100gr double bevel with the additional 25gr weight. Last year I used them as 100gr, but this year using them as 125gr. I have been shooting them for a couple years now. Customer service is great. Lifetime warranty so anytime one gets damaged I just send it back to them and they send me a brand new one. Only cost is my postage to get it there. So, I guess a replacement costs me about $1. I used them in Africa on my last trip and was extremely pleased with the results. Did not lose an animal and even had a pass through on an Eland through the shoulder. They fly great for me. I am going back to South Africa this summer and it will be the only BH in my quiver. They tend to leave good blood trails as well.

Comment

I have been using them for a couple of years as well. As mentioned above, the customer service and guarantee are great. I have had zero performance issues on flight, or penetration issues hunting WT and hogs.

Have not tried their new BMF's.

Comment

You can see the exit wound here.

This spike was not impressed

Comment

That's a big beautiful animal.

Comment

Thanks y'all!!! I think I'm going to give them a shot! Hard to beat lifetime warranty.

Comment

The best I have used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They are $1.89 each on eBay if you so choose. No warranty though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                    They are $1.89 each on eBay if you so choose. No warranty though.
                    That's because the ones on there are from China. Lol[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Bigyummy77 View Post
                      That's because the ones on there are from China. Lol[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]
                      Are DRTs made stateside? Didn't see anything online about it.

The ones I bought are sharp and look identical. I'm buying the single bevel ones from the company....but the doubles from china are pretty good. Still need to find some bone to shoot them through.

Comment

From what I have read they are smaller than the originals.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                          Are DRTs made stateside? Didn't see anything online about it.

The ones I bought are sharp and look identical. I'm buying the single bevel ones from the company....but the doubles from china are pretty good. Still need to find some bone to shoot them through.
                          There made in Missouri. http://www.dirtnapgear.com/about-dng.html

Comment

I do have to say, the write-ups/faqs/descriptions on their site are hilarious!

But, beyond that, I am interested in using them.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                              Doesn't say they are made in the USA.

Comment

Working...
                              X