Going After an East Texas Giant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going After an East Texas Giant

I am about to partake on an epic journey chasing the biggest buck I have ever had the chance to hunt and I invite you to follow along. [emoji4]

It all started last year after getting this picture at a scrape.

I never saw him from the stand last year and ended up tagging another buck. I got one more picture late in the season so I was hopeful that he would make it through.

This past summer I had cameras all over the property trying to get a picture of this buck. I moved cameras around from corn pile to corn pile in several locations, a salt lick, a water hole, and several trails. He never showed all summer. When the last small cold front came through I started seeing some scrapes open up. I found one area that had several scrapes and multiple licking branches so I put a camera on it as quick as I could. Sure enough, he is still around.

Starting October 17th I go on vacation and do not return to work, (other than a few afternoons the first week of November), until November 16th. I plan on spending a lot of time after this buck! Since I have never had a picture of this buck on corn I plan on hunting mostly scrape areas and funnels. The property has some major elevation changes with a lot of opportunities for stands on natural pinch points. I will take a few days to fill the freezer on another property, take my son hunting, and possibly a few early season duck hunts, but most of my time will be spent after this particular buck. I will update this thread with any new pictures and will go "live" when I am able to. Wish me luck, I have a feeling I am going to need some to pull this off.

Good luck. He's a stud!!!

Comment

In for this one again this year!!! Go get em!!

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

Tuned in for the outcome. Good luck!!

Comment

Heck yea!! Best of luck to you in harvesting that toad.

Comment

There was a picture of a buck identical to that one on another forum from Cherokee County shot yesterday.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Where in Cherokee Cty are you. I'm off 1911 S. of Alto. Good Luck

Comment

Hope you get him

Comment

awesome buck, good luck man

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                          There was a picture of a buck identical to that one on another forum from Cherokee County shot yesterday.
                          Got a pic?

Comment

I think I saw a thread you started with this deer Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
                              Got a pic?
                              Just messing with you man, had to get your blood pressure up this morning.

All jokes aside, I hope you best of luck! It's fun chasing bruisers.

Comment

Working...
                              X