Will deer eat old corn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will deer eat old corn?

I had half a bag of deer corn left over from last year in the garage. It's been sitting there open since last november. I went to a known good spot and threw a couple scoops of it on the ground 3 days ago and it hasn't been touched. I'm wondering if that means no deer have found it, or if maybe it's because it's old corn. ....?

If not the pigs and coons will.

Comment

yes they will eat it.

Comment

yes! Ive used year old corn. They ate it. I did sprinkle a little bit of vanilla on it

Comment

They'll leave last years gravel alone.

Comment

They will eat it all day and twice on sunday....

Comment

I have never had a half bag left over but I am sure it would get eaten.

Comment

Mature bucks won't eat it so I would recommend proper disposal. If you were closer I could possibly help you out but maybe someone in your area will chime in.

Comment

if its molded, no. but hogs will eat that shat up quick. mold can actually hurt deer, so if it is molded put diesel on it and only hogs are attracted to that.

Comment

not when there a lot of acorns and green forage to munch on

Comment

Well, I put some corn out in 4 different spots, with a light sprinkling of vanilla. We'll see in the morning what happens. It's kinda strange; normally the coons would clean it up overnight (they even tore up the corn feeder cage last year). But it wasn't touched. I'm thinking maybe there's a big fox or 'yote around. Something funny going on out there....

Comment

Throw it out their..Something will eat it..Hogs Coon Crows squirrels ,rats Mice..you will make something happy

Comment

Deer will eat old corn but i wouldn't keep it in the off season in your garage might bring unwanted critters.

Comment

Make sure ya pile it up real nice and Garnish it with some apples and toothpick and someone will eat ..

Comment

Old yes....molded no. Coons will eat it in any condition.

Comment

Working...
                              X