Lockheed Martin on Strike!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lockheed Martin on Strike!

Well, it's official. After an overwhelming vote of 2400-149 (or something like that), we're in strike. The wife is now making an extensive honey-do list as I type this right now!

so do you still get paid? never went on strike, have always wanted to but i dont work in a union.

Comment

Why are they on strike?

Comment

Why we striking? The usual: benefits, etc. we get $50 a week strike pay. That a far cry from $70k a year. Good thing my wife makes $15 more an hr than me. You might be seeing me on channel 5 with a pistol and a TBH hoodie.

Comment

Good luck to you guys.

I have very mixed emotions about unions. I had a friend who is at AA and he just got laid off. I know he wishes he was working right now as do many folks.

Not trying to say anything other than "good luck and I hope it works out for you guys".

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
            Why we striking? The usual: benefits, etc. we get $50 a week strike pay. That a far cry from $70k a year. Good thing my wife makes $15 more an hr than me. You might be seeing me on channel 5 with a pistol and a TBH hoodie.
            leon the stay at home dad., how long yall expecting the strike to last?

Comment

Originally posted by blood trail View Post
              why we striking? The usual: Benefits, etc. We get $50 a week strike pay. That a far cry from $70k a year. Good thing my wife makes $15 more an hr than me. You might be seeing me on channel 5 with a pistol and a tbh hoodie.
              lmao!!!

Comment

I hope they get it all worked out and get you back to work, Leon!

Bisch

Comment

I work for AT&T and am a CWA member. I've already passed on to your leadership my willingness and other CWA members to support your strike in anyway we can. Our union will be in the same spot next year trying to protect jobs while our "management" continues to make bad choices then cut jobs and benefits to keep their bonus. Best of luck to you!

Comment

which facility? both my parents work at the one in grand prairie

Comment

Originally posted by Outback77 View Post
                      I work for AT&T and am a CWA member. I've already passed on to your leadership my willingness and other CWA members to support your strike in anyway we can. Our union will be in the same spot next year trying to protect jobs while our "management" continues to make bad choices then cut jobs and benefits to keep their bonus. Best of luck to you!
                      My wife will working in some God forsaken area while you strike. Doing a union job while she covers her sales repsonsibilities. She understands because she was a CWA member at one time. As was he mother.

Comment

Dang it.... Allaround will be chasing these all week now!!!!
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	pig1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	24067957

Click image for larger version

Name:	pig2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	24067958

Comment

Better get out your "work around the house" unitard!

Comment

My cousin works in the machine shop QA inspector. Guess he'll be spending his days on Benbrook and not just evenings. Good luck to yall

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                              Just no skittles....

Comment

Working...
                              X