Shepherd's Pie Recipe ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shepherd's Pie Recipe ??

Anyone have a good venison shepherd's pie recipe?

Yeah, brown a pound of ground venison with your favorite spices. Boil a bunch of taters and then mash them adding a little milk and butter to make it easier to mash. Add a drained can of corn. Add as much ranch dressing as you like. Mix it all together with the meat and cover the top with shredded cheddar cheese. My boys love it.

Comment

Someone posted this one on another board.

So I thawed out some of my ground venison that's mixed 25% bacon. I wanted something different and this is what I came up with.

Brown 1.5 lbs venison/bacon with 1/2 onion, 2 jalapenos, 2 med. tomatos, a little cilantro, dash of salt and black pepper.

When done spoon the meat into a pie crust, mix in a package of shredded cheese.

Mix 3 large eggs and 3/4 cup milk with 1/2 cup bisquick. Mix well

Pour milk/egg/bisquick into meat

Pop it in the oven at 400 degrees for 1 hour. When brown on top add some more cheese on top until melted.

Serve with pinto/brown beans or whatever else you like. It was pretty darn tasty and filling.

I think you could probably mix in corn or green beans if you like. Some Rotel tomatoes might be good too.

Comment

Here's mine:

1 frozen pie crust
        1# ground venison
        1 onion chopped
        1 cup frozen green peas
        1 tsp smoked paprika
        1 tsp garlic powder
        2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
        1/2 cup milk
        1/2 stick butter
        Salt and pepper to taste

Brown venison. Saute onions in same pan. Mix venison, onion, peas, paprika and garlic. In the meantime boil sweet potatoes until tender and mash with milk and butter.

Put the venison mixture into the pie crust. Spread potatoes over the top. Bake at 400° until potatoes start to brown on top.

Enjoy!

Comment

Easy Shepherds Pie!

This is one of our favorites! I do it the easy way~

2 lbs ground venison
          2 cans cream of mushroom
          1 big bag of mixed veggies
          2 pkgs of baby reds instant potatoes

Brown your ground venison with your favorite seasonings and prepare your mashed potatoes. In a casserole dish, add meat, cream of mushroom and mixed veggies, stir well. Then on top of the mixture spread your mashed taters and sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake in oven at 350 for about 20-30 mins....

Comment

The best I ever had was at an Irish pub in Destin, Florida called McGuire's. They didn't mix the ingredients. They put the meat on the bottom. The corn next with full length green beans. Then a pound of mashed potatoes on top. WOW!

Comment

Working...
            X