No announcement yet.

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also how much better do you think we would do wading vs fishing from the boat? I love wading and have all the gear, would need to at least get some ray guards for the wife and boy if we wade.

Or anyone in the San Antonio/ Bulverde/ Spring Branch area have a couple extra pair I could borrow for the weekend?

Comment

There has been nice trout at the wells when the wind lays enough to get out there

Comment

Slammed them this evening in West matty wind was 20 fish don't care

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
          Slammed them this evening in West matty wind was 20 fish don't care

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
          Heck yeah!!

I need to learn the diversion canal cut. I haven't fished west in AGES. My boat may not even get shallow enough

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            Heck yeah!!

I need to learn the diversion canal cut. I haven't fished west in AGES. My boat may not even get shallow enough
            It's marked pretty well just stay west of the markers. If you can't figure it out just hold tight and somebody will come through and you'll see the path. On a low tide like today make sure to hit it on plane and stay on plane until you're out into the bay

Comment

My son and I worked them over pretty good a few days ago. Solid limit of trout. Most were 3-5 lbs. had a bonus flounder and redfish to boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats Shane & salth2o!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  Heck yeah!!

Let me know when you want to scout it out. My rig will go shallow enough that we can learn it together which will save me from fishing West Matty via POC [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                    On a low tide like today make sure to hit it on plane and stay on plane until you're out into the bay
                    Yeah, that's not helping my desire to try [emoji16]

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    Let me know when you want to scout it out. My rig will go shallow enough that we can learn it together which will save me from fishing West Matty via POC [emoji6]
                    Now that sounds like a plan! No jack plate on my rig

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      Palacios works well too.... Not sure where you're located.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                        Congrats Shane & salth2o!
                        Gracias amigo!!

Comment

Ill be in SPI in a few weeks, just the wife and I. She likes to sleep in and with no kids running around this trip I plan to sneak out, make the 1/4 mile walk to the beach and fish the surf at day break.

If I'm targeting trout and reds what would work best this time of year in the surf?

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                            Corpus Christi bay and ULM? Renting a place on North Padre for Father's Day weekend and hoping to get the family on some fish. Plan to hit my usual areas and if it's not too windy would like to try the wells in Corpus bay. Has anyone has been having luck at the wells or you think it would be better to just head straight to my areas in the ULM! Planning to get croakers and shrimp. Probably throw topwaters at first light.
                            there are plenty of trout everywhere right now. you should be able to fish any areas with potholes, grasslines around the king ranch shoreline, or crash channels and fill the ice chest easily. No need to go to the wells, especially with as windy as it's been. 20+ MPH winds are not conducive to CC bay.
                            Personally, I've never caught any nice fish out there anyway, just smaller end box fish and dinks.
                            Last edited by kyle1974; 06-11-2018, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                              Ill be in SPI in a few weeks, just the wife and I. She likes to sleep in and with no kids running around this trip I plan to sneak out, make the 1/4 mile walk to the beach and fish the surf at day break.

If I'm targeting trout and reds what would work best this time of year in the surf?

I would take spoons, soft plastics, and mirrodines. I have had them only hit spoons one day and only hit plastics on the bottom the next day

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                                there are plenty of trout everywhere right now. you should be able to fish any areas with potholes, grasslines around the king ranch shoreline, or crash channels and fill the ice chest easily. No need to go to the wells, especially with as windy as it's been. 20+ MPH winds are not conducive to CC bay.
                                Personally, I've never caught any nice fish out there anyway, just smaller end box fish and dinks.
                                I've caught some awesome fish including some huge reds at the wells and usually a great bite that keeps kiddos entertained. But glad to hear the fishing has been hot most places. Hopefully the weather will hold and we can get on some. Would love to get the boy on a good mess of fish.

I forgot to ask, have y'all been catching them wading or out of the boat?

Comment

Working...
                                X