Need a battery powered usb charging station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey folks. Going on a mission trip, won’t have power but a generator two hours a day split between 10 or 12 of us. Wanted to get a usb charging station that has a big enough battery for 15 or so charges. I’m in charge of having the phone covered for our group. Any recommendations on one? Will try to recharge it as permitted on generator. Any experience or suggestions?

Also was thinking of picking up a cheap solar charger to try and replenish the usb station battery during the day when not in use. All this stuff needs to pack up small as I’m packing all this stuff in.

Thanks

That’s tough, two hours a day to keep 15 phones charged is asking a lot. Solar sounds like a must, however you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m sorry I wasn’t clear. I have to keep one phone charged everyday, and I want to be able to charge it 15 times without plugging it in to the generator.

Comment

I be speaking off top of my head but I would be almost willin to bet most automotive batterys would do that for sutr a deep cycle rv/marine
        Last edited by cva34; 05-06-2018, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Deer feeder battery with solar panel should do that

I have a small pocket size battery pack that will re charge an iPhone 3 times. It was about $10

Comment

I have one of these for those places where power is not always available. It's also nice to have the battery pack for all day excursions in the woods and doing live hunts.

Goal Zero Guide 10

Comment

I've got a Mophie 10,000 mAh. I can get 2-3 charges out if it.

Here's my 2 ideas.
              1)
              12 solar feeder battery.
              Moultrie made/makes one that guess with their stuff that's all one unit. Not sure how you'd connect your charger to it.

2)
              Battery back up for a computer.

Comment

Check out Goal Zero. They have all different sizes of power banks and solar panels for the power banks. They are fairly reasonable in price. I have one of their real small power banks and can get 2 full charges on a iPhone and have some left over. It has a flashlight on it as well and is not much bigger than a cigarette lighter.

Comment

I have one of these. It's kind of heavy. Might not want to pack very far, but there may be some non-compressor models that are lighter weight. Phone chargings barely put a dent in its power reserve... https://www.stanleytools.com/en-us/p...-gauge/pprh7ds

Comment

I have one of these in all 3 of my vehicles. It will do what you need with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I would bet a lawn mower battery would do what you are wanting to do. Put it in a backpack and tote it anywhere. I use one for varmint hunting and it will run my light for 6 hours and its 3.5 million CP.

Comment

I should mention I’m checking it to fly there... then packing it in. So... no car batteries. I was hoping there was a good small unit that could do it. I was going to look at goal zeros stuff and see what they have. Pricey as heck though.

Comment

I think you're going to need something like this:

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                            I have one of these in all 3 of my vehicles. It will do what you need with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have two of these as well. Have had them for 4 years. They are awesome.

Comment

Go with the Goal Zero solar panel and a good rechargeable battery pack. I have back packed several times for more than a week and kept my phone charged for use as a camera and gps/map with this set up. Much smaller and lighter than the big battery options.

Comment

Working...
                              X