No announcement yet.

Help Gardeners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the suggestions. I got a few options to try now. I'm trying to keep poison out of my garden beds so I'll prolly opt for the DE or citrus oil first. And I'll definitely try the molasses

Comment

Originally posted by Stick'n'String View Post
      Thanks for the suggestions. I got a few options to try now. I'm trying to keep poison out of my garden beds so I'll prolly opt for the DE or citrus oil first. And I'll definitely try the molasses
      I looked it up on line and I guess its not as safe as I thought. I do remember all the old timers in my family using it in gardens. Back when paint had lead in it and we drank from the water hose

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
        I looked it up on line and I guess its not as safe as I thought. I do remember all the old timers in my family using it in gardens. Back when paint had lead in it and we drank from the water hose
        Truth. There's no telling how much sevin dust I consumed as a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
          Diatomaceous Earth will kill them if you do not want to use poison, you may need to repeat the application more than once especially if it gets wet.
          I tried this after several recommendations from TBH'ers on an older gardening thread. It did not work for me. Repeated applications over a month. I would go as far as to say it appeared they even gathered and used the stuff to reinforce their exterior shell of the mound after each disturbance and application.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
            Truth. There's no telling how much sevin dust I consumed as a kid.
            Is that you eating some in your avatar?

Comment

Working...
            X