Stolle Deer Camp - She’s a Killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stolle Deer Camp - She’s a Killer

We made a quick trip back to the SDC last weekend to hunt and top off feeders. Friday evening found us back by the wood stove. Smothered chopped deer steak was on the menu. We did not burn the midnight oil after that meal.

Saturday morning the weather was still nasty. I would have stayed in bed if I would have looked outside before getting dressed. I did have a good hunt! I had a couple shooter axis bucks in range, but decided to let them walk since it was raining pretty hard.

I didn’t get pictures but this is one of them from the distance from a prior trip.

He’s kinda lopsided.

Jen saw a few deer, but nothing wanted to come into eat. We thought it might be because the new blinds. They still got a glue smell.

Jen baked up a great breakfast. Asparagus and goat cheese quiche. It doesn’t sound good, but it was delicious. Uncle Steve went back for 4ths.

I made the bacon

The rest of they was pretty unproductive. We went town then I spent a couple hours trying to find a tool for a customer. This spilled over to text messages in the blind.

During this time Jen had sent a message over the gotenna that I didn’t catch right away since I was on my work phone. She said an old axis Buck was there and she felt it would be a good one to take out. I told her it was her call. She messaged back that he had walked off, but felt he would be good one to mount for the camp. She sent this picture.

I then got the GC picture.

I messaged I agreed! She messaged back immediately that he came back and she put an arrow in him. That happened quick. I told her to give him 30 min and then look for blood. She felt the shot was good.

I continued to hunt. I had a few WT doe come in and some young bucks. I let them walk since I had work on my plate already. Jen took up the trail before all my deer walked off and sent a message she was on good blood. Few minutes later she said she found him. He made 60-70 yards. I’ve created a deer killing machine

I got him skinned and noticed he was not as stout in the front shoulders and backstrap area. Very little fat. I figured he was old, never would have imagined his bottom jaw to look like this.

I have been told 8-9 on the low end and as old as 12-15 years old. I’m thinking he was living off the protein and was really liking the wet mushy protein.

So I’ll be back to processing Deer this weekend. Maybe I’ll get one before Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Stolle; 12-12-2018, 04:27 PM.

WOW! That's a dinosaur! Congrats Jenn! Keep after 'em, Matt!
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

She did him a favor!

Comment

Dang Matt she’s a killing machine! Awesome old axis. Congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats, I always enjoy your threads

Comment

Way to go Jen!!!

Comment

Great job! And nice buck!

Comment

awesome! congrats

Comment

Congrats Jen,awesome Axis

Comment

What an old buck. Congrats

Comment

EVERY part of that post is awesome!!! Congrats on a great buck and a great weekend! Yall are living life right!!!

Comment

Yep, i would say she is a killer

Great job on her shooting and tracking him herself

Congratulations to the both of you

Comment

Congrats Stolle clan! What an awesome creature to take.

Comment

Awesome!!!!!

Congrats to her on the old Axis. Definitely, something to be proud of.

Comment

Working...
                              X