No announcement yet.

Turkeys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Came across an eastern nest last year with 6 eggs in it on the National forest. Actually almost walked right on top of her while she was on it and she exploded from the ferns at my feet and scared the heck out of me...lol

Originally posted by FeetDown View Post
    Burned some boot leather hunting our Texas public lands this morning and stumbled upon a Rio Grande hen on this nest. Snapped a quick photo and skedaddled in hopes she'll find her way back and raise us some more turkeys!

According to this TAMU article, this hen is only 5 days into laying her clutch, and may have another 5 or 6 days to go

"Females lay one egg per day, producing an average total of 10-11 eggs. The eggs are cream or tan in color and may have brown speckles. Incubation lasts around 28 days after the last egg is laid."

http://wildlife.tamu.edu/wildlifemanagement/turkeys/

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
      Caddo National Graslands has a decent number of birds
      I was surrounded by turkeys early morning during last season's archery opener @ Caddo.. it was insane

Comment

My cousin and his friends have been hammering the gobblers on public land near Angelo State. I think they have kill 4-6 birds already.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunterlo70 View Post
          I was surrounded by turkeys early morning during last season's archery opener @ Caddo.. it was insane
          They would keep up so much racket I couldn't nap in my stand....LOL

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X