No announcement yet.

Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill write some more tomorrow. What do yall think about posting pics? do they distract from the story?

Comment

The stories are very informative and entertaining, but the pics add to the experience i think. I vote for pics . Thanks for sharing GarGuy, you are a very good story teller.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        Ill write some more tomorrow. What do yall think about posting pics? do they distract from the story?
        I don't believe it detracts from the story, but them again, I enjoy your stories more than the actual photos. So it doesn't matter either way to me. Keep em coming

Comment

The only way the pics can distract from these stories if you aren't reading them. If that's the case, you're missing out

Comment

On they contrary. They enhance the stories. Keep 'em coming!

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
              I don't believe it detracts from the story, but them again, I enjoy your stories more than the actual photos. So it doesn't matter either way to me. Keep em coming
              x2

Comment

Always post pics buddy!

Comment

More pics!

Comment

Pics, pics, pics!

Comment

Thanks for the stories. And by all means post pictures.

Comment

Garguy. Are there any spots you hunt that you don't hand corn or is it a must for you?

Comment

I won't even look at a picture till Ive read the whole story, hints the reason Fishndadio chingeladed me on "The Scott Buck".

Comment

Pics are great way to end the story IMO.

Comment

They arent following does in. as a matter of fact, when the pressure gets on, there are probably 7 bucks to 1 doe on camera in the santuaries. By late November. the primary and secondary ruts are finished here. Mature bucks will roughly tolerate each other for the security of he santuaries. Most of the young buck will move out though.

I think you hit on a key point that hasnt been talked about though. At least 3 out of 4 came in AFTER another mature buck. I think that other deer helped draw them out. As a matter of fact, even on camera, the really big deer almost always show up after another mature deer was in the corn. Most people never see this because they shoot the first mature deer that show up without knowing Ol Big was watching from the brush and about to claim the spot.
                              Seems possible that your experiences seem to be pointing to a theory I've read elsewhere--that mature bucks oftentimes aren't the dominant buck and don't do much of the chasing/breeding as they once did...

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                                Seems possible that your experiences seem to be pointing to a theory I've read elsewhere--that mature bucks oftentimes aren't the dominant buck and don't do much of the chasing/breeding as they once did...

Since about 99 I've seen many 3.5 year old bucks run older bucks off in Stonewall. Rack, age and body size does not dictate who's dominant that fa sho.

Comment

Working...
                                X