Timing for Hamilton County Rut???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing for Hamilton County Rut???

I hunt just west of Hamilton in Hamilton county..

What are your experiences with the rut timings? Pre rut chasing? Rut lockdown? Second rut etc?

All of November? Earlier? Later?

This will be my second year hunting there and missed most of last year due to work...

Thanks...

We are on the east side of the county. Just south of Cranfills gap. I tend to see the most activity 2 weeks before to 1 week after thanksgiving. It's spotty after that, and not much before then, but those three weeks we see a ton of deer movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunted Hamilton county for about 15 years. Numerous times I watched mature bucks breed does on opening weekend of rifle season. We had good luck through Thanksgiving. After that it died off. I now hunt just west of you in Mills county and the exact same is true there.

Comment

Southwest of town it was the 2nd, 3rd, & 4th weeks of November (give or take a few days) last year.

Comment

Hunt outside of Jonesboro usually 1st week of rifle season is when we see most buck movement

Comment

south of Pottsville I would be sitting in a stand all day if I was hunting November 18ish to around the 26th. second rut usually mid December. If you bowhunt pick a cold front late October should see bucks cruising

Comment

First 2 weeks in November is when I saw the most chasing in Hamilton

Comment

Thanks and keep them coming!!

Comment

Any others?

Comment

We've seen activity from the first of November until about Thanksgiving....last year around Shive was bad for us...Only saw about 6 deer all season but have already seen more this year.....

Comment

Originally posted by Lazyman View Post
                      We've seen activity from the first of November until about Thanksgiving....last year around Shive was bad for us...Only saw about 6 deer all season but have already seen more this year.....
                      That's pretty crazy because my place around Shive is only a couple miles from there and it sounded like WW3 on opening weekend last year.

Comment

Just west of you in Mills county the hard rut has always been within 10 days of Thanksgiving one way are the other. Lived here 63 years and it never changes much. JMO. Carry on. Will Have another rut for the yearling does around Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
                          That's pretty crazy because my place around Shive is only a couple miles from there and it sounded like WW3 on opening weekend last year.
                          Maybe that's why we didn't see much lol....Guy on another forum hunts about mile and half south of us and was covered in deer...Maybe they didn't like our corn honestly don't know lol...

Comment

I'm to the north in Stephenville and it seems like they're chasing pretty good the second and third weeks of November.

Comment

So, based on the input, it looks like the pretty much the entire month of November to be up in a tree....

Comment

Working...
                              X